Book one: Chapter three

Luigi's POV

Today is the day I finally start work at my father's automobile company not as the award winning actor I am but as the son and new employee of the company, Gianni automobile corporation.

I'm not super excited to be starting work today. To me the corporate world is boring and devoid of life and fun. Acting makes the world go round, the acting on set, movie premiering and the award shows all makes the acting world lively and a never ending source of fun.

The doorman of the company opened the door and tipped his hat greeting me, "Good morning, Sir."

"Good morning Nick Kringle." I replied him in a monotone voice.

"Welcome and have a nice day." He tipped his hat one more time, grinning at me like a fool.

I nodded, stepping into the company's office entrance lobby. Noise, movements and everything ceased. All eyes were glued on me, taking in my every move and step. The place was so quiet, I think I can hear the beating of their hearts and how it's so fast.

This is the reaction I get anytime I come here. The ladies flirt with me in every possible way to get my attention. I hardly give them one, today like always I mask my face with an intimidating look, hardly glancing at them and made my way to the elevator.

Our family's private elevator, we share with no staff no matter how special you are. My family is your regular snobbish and arrogant wealthy classed people who give no hoot to those who happen to find themselves in the lower class of the social ladder.

That was how I was born and bred. The trait is in me though most of my colleague actors complain. I was nurtured to be that, it's hardly my fault. Old habits die hard, as they say.

I stepped into my office passing by the desk of my newly employed personal assistant. She rose from her seat and stretched out her hand, batting her lashes and giving me those seductive eyes, slutty ladies know best. "Good morning sir." She purred and though today is the first time I have set my eyes on her, her voice is like a gibberish talk in my ears.

So useless and annoying. I mentally rolled my eyes, resisting the urge to fire her. It's my first day and hers as well. I intend of working with her to see if she's capable of working like she's capable of seducing her boss on his first day of work. Disgrace to female species! "Bring me my schedule for today."

"Okay sir, I'll be there in a jiffy."

"Be here the minute I step my legs into my office or you're fired!" I smiled and loosened my tie a little. Her presence and voice are suffocating me and has suddenly made my tie tighter than I made it at home.

I don't know how she managed to pull out my schedule in a hurry. She produced it to me the minute I stepped into my office. "Read them aloud to me." I said going over to my desk. Darting my eyes around, I took in the appearance of my office.

It's just the way I love it. Black and white walls with black furniture. It shows it's a masculine office for a modern and classic man like me. I sat down behind my desk, crossing legs and took a look at my watch, "the clock is ticking miss...?"

"Miss Black." Miss Black pushed her chest out, combing her hair with her fingers  and batted her lashes again. I was tempted to ask if she has an eye problem but stopped myself and looked at her in irritation.

She's really getting on my last nerves. "This is an office and not a beauty pageant, read the damn paper in your hands and stop this cheap stinky flirt. I don't do girls like you."  I said calmly, my words contradicting my tone.

She stopped batting her lashes and her seductive eyes, blazed with anger. I laughed within me, who the heck does she think she's getting angry at? Me? Girl gimme a break I care less. You don't feed me or add more money to my wealth.

"Sorry sir." She swallowed hard apologizing.

"Start!" This time around my patience was a thread mill as I banged my head on my desk to add effect to the one word I uttered.

"You have breakfast at 7:30, orienting with the company's staff at 10, meeting with your father afterwards, you have lunch at your favorite restaurant and a general meeting with the boarding of directors of the company till 4 in the afternoon."

I shot her an incrudelous look after going over what she just said in my head. Some words didn't sound right to my ears.  "What did you say I have with the company's staffs at 10?"

"Orienting sir."

"Who hired you?" I demanded from her, twirling the ball point pen in between my fingers. I raised my head to meet her gaze already on me. Who in their right mind hire an assistant as dumb as this who obviously has a problem with her vocabulary.

"The Human Resourcing Manager Sir." Just look at that!

"Did you sleep your way through?"

"No sir."

She shook her head abruptly and widen her eyes in surprise at my question. Her eyes flashed with anger again. I was also angry with her reply, it didn't seem genuine but I didn't probe further. I knew what I had in mind.

"Get out of my office, I'll get back to you." I told her with a dismissive wave of my left hand which I picked up the phone receiver with.

I'm calling that manager right now and tell him a piece of my mind. He's so going to lose his job, this is not the first time he's employed ladies as dumb as her. He gives them employment in exchange for between the legs favors.

"Bring me a cup of hot coffee, black with no sugar and milk."

"Okay sir." She scurried hurriedly our of my office swaying her hips, not in the least bothered by her dumbness.

How do you find Luigi on his first day at work?😂 arrogant much erhn?