Book three: Chapter ten

Zuri's POV

Immediately my alarm sounded, I shot my eyes open and turned the damn annoying thing off before I fell back into bed again. I groaned, hiding my face in a pillow, I wish I had an off day today, I could really use some sleep and rest after last night.

Nothing extra went on, it was just Lui and I talking and resolving our problems. We made up afterwards and you know Lui being Lui, he didn't waste a second when I asked for a kiss.

We spent an hour or probably and a half catching up in that department. I can still feel the butterflies in my stomach, the warm glow in my heart and the giddiness I felt. Ha, it was so bliss, I wish we stayed like that forever.

Unfortunately, that isn't how the world works. Today being a weekday means, I gotta get my ass out of bed no matter how much I wish I could stay in bed all day with Lui, we both need to go to work and I need to get my baby ready for school too.

I heard the door open just when I sat up in bed, ready to get off it. "Lui?" I called out, surprised when I saw him enter.

Not only enter but with a tray of food in his hands as he made his way towards me on the bed. "Good morning babe." He greeted cheerfully, he smiled making his eyes twinkle as he sat the tray down in between us on the bed.

"Good morning cucci."

"I thought I was never going to hear that from your lips." He commented with a smile again and kissed my lips lightly before pulling away.

"You'll be hearing more of that from today onwards."

"Does that mean you accept me to be your fiancée again?"

"Of course I'd to but." I let out a sigh, "until we solve this issue with Paris, you and I are going to be like this."

"We? Like this? I'm confused."

"Yeah? We're so in love with each other and after what happened last night, I'm sure you know we're back to being girlfriend and boy friend."

"Yes we are, but aren't we too old for that. Just look at me, I'm turning twenty eight and you, twenty four...shouldn't we be on our way to marriage rather than stuck being labeled as girlfriend and boyfriend."

"Hey don't talk like I love being just your girlfriend because I don't. You think I don't want to tie the knot with you, start a family with you and leave forever?"

"I'm sorry." He quickly apologized, his eyes looking apologetic as the snapped to mine. "I know you do, it's just...it just, I don't want to lose you again. We both went through a lot with us being separated, I don't want us going back that road again, ever again."

"I eagerly want to bear your name, give myself to you, carry your kids and all that marriage thing but we first need to find out about the baby." I told him, taking his hands and caressing them, "we need to find out if it's really yours since you said you don't remember what happened. I have a feeling something shady is up, for all you know, there is no baby in her stomach for all you know. Remember she made me fake a pregnancy, what makes you think she can't fake it too just to pin you down forever now that I'm back."

"Wait, you have a point." He quickly said as his eyes darted around, he looked like was thinking about something or perhaps, remembering something. "We had a fight after you left the room that evening, she accused me of throwing myself in your arms right after you came back and I didn't hesitate to kiss you and all that then she again accused me of using her to forget about you and she hated me, that was before she left as well. Then she came over the next day to pack her stuffs from the other guest room, we argued again and that's that, that's what I remember. So she must have planned that just so we never come back together again."