Book one: Chapter twelve

Zuri's POV

The man before me was a sight to behold. He was dressed impeccably in a light blue short sleeves shirt, highlighting his toned muscular arms and grey chino pants clinging to his legs.

He had his navy blazer slung around his shoulder and blond hair cut neatly in a taper fade with short dreadlocks on top. I unconsciously checked him out and gulped seeing how handsome and manly he was looking right now compared to yesterday, I like the dreadlocks.

He caught me staring at him and smiled, clearing his throat, he stretched his hand towards me, "may I have the pleasure?"

I shyly nodded my head, "yes please," and took his hand in mine as we walked to his car, a Bugatti Chiron and get in it. His palm was soft, warm and sweaty all together and it had me wondering if he was nervous with this whole thing like I am.

I'm nervous and shy because one: it's my first time going out to dinner, two with a man as handsome as him and three, I didn't know if I was underdressed or over dressed considering he didn't tell me where exactly we were going and he hasn't complimented me to ease this nervousness.

"I knew you were a beauty from the time I met you but tonight, you've taken my breath away. You looking gorgeously stunning tonight Deandra." He said in a thick British accent as if reading my mind and thoughts and brushed his fingers against my hand as he changed hands on the wheel.

My face heated up at the physical contact between us and the compliment, making me look timidly on my laps and fiddle with my fingers. "Thank you Kai."

"Nah nah don't mention it." He waved his hand dismissively, increasing his speed. The car ride then turned silent, I was too bashful to speak and he also looked like he wanted to concentrate more on the road before him, given the top speed at which he was driving.

The car pulled up to a building, I was confused at first seeing it looking nothing like a restaurant or an eatery until we got out of the car after he waited on me. We walked into the building and on a second look, it turned out to be a plush restaurant, decorated to suite the taste of the rich.

It not having an inscription in front clearly proves, it's not for the masses but the elite, those who can afford know their way here like Kai did.

I suddenly fell out of place, comparing myself to those around. The ladies were dressed in expensive dresses, manicured hands holding wine glasses and perfect red and purple colored lips sipping the wine and curving into a smile that didn't reach their eyes, the men were no exception, they all looked perfect and well fitted for this kind of environment and not me.

Kai waved a hand in front of me, "hey are you listening to me?"

"Yeah yeah, I was distracted for a bit, what did you say again?" I must have zoned out when I was staring at these wealthy people.

"I asked if you would want us to choose a table here or somewhere more private."

"Uh anything to your taste, I'm cool with it." Anything is good with me as long as I don't get stared from these people, seeing a few of them eyeing me up.

"The definitely somewhere more private so I can have you all to myself." I blushed at his words and chuckled too, I totally agree with you on this. "Shall we?"

"Yes we shall." I remembered this very answer from question tags way back in high school and decided to use it. He led the way to the private section of the restaurant which had few people there and chose a table at the corner, pulling a seat for me, "thanks Kai."

"My pleasure." He pulled a chair too and sat opposite me, "I'm sorry for my silence back in the car, I just didn't know how to start a convo with a mesmerizing lady like you." He started his hand sheepishly as he said the last part.