Book one: Chapter eighteen

Zuri's POV

"Uh Mr Gianni.." I said feebly, fiddling with my fingers. He turned his head towards me at his name being mentioned and looked at me expectantly, "I want to say thank you for saving me back there." I wouldn't know what would have happened if he hadn't arrived there in time to save me from that man which didn't end well but for he saving me, I'm grateful and want him to know.

"No problem." He said simply and switched his attention back to the host, who was announcing the rules for the silent auction. Luigi and I are now at a different table at the back, it was just us and there is silence between us since we got here. I had an alcohol sanitizer in my clutch which I used with my handkerchief to attend to his bloody knuckles. Not once did he flinch to show how painful it was, it's like he's made of steel and there again I'm not surprised, a heartless man like is definitely made of steel.

He is awfully quiet and so am I. I hate this silence here, I want him to break it, tell me what he wanted to say to me or just anything you know to cut this thick silence.

He made no attempt to say anything as he sat there, facing the other guests and tugging at his hair once in a while. I've known him for a short time to know he's frustrated. I wish I could give his hand or thigh a gentle squeeze, to comfort him but nah, he's definitely going to get pissed and will have a more reason to insult me, nah I'm good.

My ringtone came off, indicating I had a call. I pulled out my phone and saw it was Kai calling, I picked it up immediately, "hey Kai Kai... you know it's cute..yeah yeah, it was a misunderstanding that has already been taken care off.. of course I'll see you at work tomorrow..yeah bye, goodnight dear."

I caught Lui look at me. His face was in a scowl and his eyes were dangerously dark. What? What have I said wrong here to deserve that look. I rolled my eyes and look away. He's being an idiot, ignoring me and then getting angry when someone else decided to talk to me. Honestly what's his problem? He should give me a break. Tsk, tsk.

My anger vanished and my attention was completely stolen by one cutie, Fia's teacup Maltese which I've seen so many times in her show, magazines and news is up for sale, looking stylish like its owner, in her pink glitter jacket and matching headband.

I'm totally in love with the dog and I wish I could buy it but nah, I don't have that kind of money to buy her. All what I can do is stare at her dreamily like I'm doing now and let the rich ladies around buy it. Many of them were swooning over the dog and immediately tapped on their device, placing their bids. May the richest win. I sighed and continued my stare. Why can't I just be suddenly rich and buy this cutie, see it's silky fur and puppy face, mwah mwah.

The puppy took a longer time to get off the sales table and soon the auction was over, she was the last item to be sold. I heaved out, relieved. I can finally get out of here and go home to my bed which seems to be calling out for me. I'm coming baby.

"Deandra." Luigi called out to me, mentioning my name like it was the most precious word ever. I loved how it sounded when he said it now, cute. "Let me get you home."

I refused to get up from my seat. That sentence was said to be sometime ago and it didn't end well. No way I'm I leaving here with him, I'd rather walk all the way home than do that. I shook my head, "Thank you, I'm good."

"Don't be stubborn, I'm not going to leave you midway. I promise to send you home this time around." Oh so he does remember what he did and he behaved the best day as if, he didn't do anything. Tsk, I looked at his face to see if he was pulling a trick on me. He looked sincere and was smiling too.

I didn't say anything and got up from my seat, taking clutch from my table. He typed on his phone, locking it before putting it in his pocket, "let's go." He led the way as we fought for walking space among the thick crowd and were almost at the gate and out of the venue if not for someone calling my name.

It was Mr Gianni the senior. He waltzed towards us with an air of confidence, smiling and wishing people goodnight. "Ah Deandra dear, you're looking magnificent tonight."

"Thank you sir."

"You're welcome, I want to see you at the office tomorrow, there's something we have to talk about and it's urgent. I won't waste your time so you can get a good sleep and come early. Goodnight." He didn't give me any chance to tell him I've quit. He left right after saying goodnight and I stood there not knowing if I should follow him and make him aware or just go.

Impatient Luigi cleared his throat and tapped his foot, a signal he's in a hurry. I rolled my eyes and followed him all the way to his limo, the one I used in coming here. For the first time, he waited on me. I was left shocked, who is this man and what has he done to Luigi?

He sat beside me and ordered his chauffeur to drive the car. We were together and alone, silence enveloping us as I look away from him and minding my business. I felt his gaze bore holes on me, turning to look at him, I gulped.

His eyes had darkened as they roamed my body sensually. I felt exposed under his gaze and suddenly the air is hot, very very hot. I became scared, what if he pulls that stunt on me again? Where will I go? I can't just fly out of the window.

I scooted a little away from him which I didn't go unnoticed by him. He scooted nearer to me causing me to go back until my back hit the window, just great now I'm trapped. He smirked, "run all you can but you can't hide," and circled my waist with his hands, pulling me closer to him to the extent we were touching skin to skin, our clothes being the only barrier.

He arched my head and brought his lips to my neck, gently sucking on it and trailing it up to my ear, that sensitive part. Making me stiffen and try to pull him away from him. He was so strong, my feeble hands couldn't pull him off me, just when he made an attempt to lick it, the car came to a stop. I'm home, thank you heavens.

I was slightly disappointed because I wanted to feel how it's going to be like, I've read so many romance books and I know their moves but I've never tried them, tonight was my chance and it blew up into smoke because of the chauffeur. Should I thank him or scold him?

Luigi muttered fuck under his breath and inched away from me, not before whispering dangerously into my ears, "I'll see you at the office tomorrow Dee Dee maybe we can continue from where we've stopped."

Seriously, Dee Dee? Is that the name he could come up with? I cleared my throat in embarrassment and shifting uncomfortably, his hands were still around my waist and barring me from getting out of the car. "Mr Gianni, your hands."

"No one knows how much I hate getting them off her waist and letting her get into her house." He mumbled to himself though I heard it. I blushed despite myself, I was still angry at him for what he did and now. It's like he was taking advantage of we being alone to do that again and stupid me wanted to experience it this time around.

Luigi released me, getting out of the car and waiting on me. He then walked me to our door and stared at my face, my body and my face again before wishing me goodnight, all this while his eyes, darkening. I smell lust in the air, and unfortunately I want it too.

What is getting into you Zuzu? Just this evening and a little private time with him has gotten me all hot and bothered? I blushed and quickly made for the door, causing my ass to jiggle. Such thing won't go unnoticed by that pervert behind me, I heard him mumble, damn that ass. Men will always be men no matter how rich, poor, handsome or ugly they are.

😑only my keyboard knows how hard I tried in writing this chapter especially the ending.

So will Zuzu go back to the office or defy Mr Gianni's orders?🤸🏽‍♀️
I want her to defy it😑, she just can't disappoint Kai Kai😪