Book three: Chapter five

This chapter is dedicated to all LDCAT readers who've followed it from the beginning till now or just followed it, those who comment and vote....you own this😊❤️ I appreciate y'all!

Zuri's POV

"Be a good girl as always and don't trouble Mrs Hart alright?"

"Okay mama, I love you!"

"I love you too babe." I said, kissing her cheeks then wiped a stain on it, she had smeared peanut butter on her cheeks while she ate breakfast this morning and I didn't notice it till now.

"Have a nice day, byeee." She screeched as she waved her hands frantically before running along to join her friend, Hayley, the girl she told me about. They had met over the weekend, specifically Sunday when the family went out after church service, they really had a great time and I can bet that's what they're gonna continue talking about, Jakira couldn't keep shut about it after coming back and yesterday.

I waved her back before turning to leave the entrance of her classroom, with a huge smile on my face.

I woke up from bed today with a renewed spirit, I was tired of being in bed and mopping like some lovesick teen who can't get over her crush.

Only I'm not I'm not a teen, I'm a full grown ass woman with a kid. If not for anything, I have to get up and move on for my baby, she's the only good thing I have in my life aside my career.

It's about time I lived my life freely, being happy without having to always dwell on my past, my past is a past for a reason so I should keep it there without living in it everyday which is slowly ruining my life. I used to feel a lot of bitterness within, bitterness which has been caused by Lui, his words and behavior towards me.

It is hurting me and ruining my relationship with my family but I'm glad I went to church on Sunday. I'm glad I did, I finally realized I had to let every bitterness within me go, every anger and ill feelings I had for Lui or anyone else for that matter, I had to drop them like garbage. And I did just that, I've forgiven Lui for his mistrust and they words he uttered to me, I ain't gonna hold them against him anymore cause I in a way brought it upon myself.

I now feel lighter and full of energy and hope for the future. Checking the time on my watch as I unlocked my car door, I realized it's 8 on the dot in the morning. This gives me more time to do other things, I neither have any case I'm working on or anything so I'll just go home and work around the house. I still have some boxes and stuffs I need to pack, I initially thought I was going to go back to London but with how things are now, I've decided to be here permanently.

I made this decision after I forgave Lui and my family cause I was mad at them then I realized I can't keep shuffling Jakira between London and LA, her education means a lot to me and I can't make her go through that stress of moving and changing schools.

******

"Good work done Zu." I couldn't help but praise myself for the work I've done around the house as I took in the appearance of the condominium which previously looked like ancient basement with no life in it but now it looks like a home, a home fit for a happy family that I will never trade anything for.

There were lots of boxes containing our things from our house back in London that were just sitting there untouched as a result of my decision not to stare here at first but now, I've unpacked them and decorated the condo with them, making it look like the home I've always wanted for my kids.

I've adorned the walls of the living room, dining room, kitchen, hallway, mine and Jakira's rooms with paintings and pictures of us from when she was two till now. I can't wait to see my baby's face when she gets back from school and sees them, she's totally going to swoon over the house.