Book one: Chapter forty one

Zuri's POV

I knew it, I just knew it that i was some for. My fears were true and they are coming to laugh at m win the face with the arrival of Lui's parents in his bedroom where we were affectionately making out.

I just knew this was the end of us, end of our love. He and I can never be, this relationship is like a ship at the airport, meaningless. It's all good I've gotten to experience what love really is with Lui and for that I'm happy.

But not happy to witness Lui arguing with his mother over me. Mother and son shouting at each other and hurtling words at each other in anger, each wanting to prove their point and how right they are.

I didn't know what to do I stood beside Lui, trying my possible best to get him to stop but to no avail until I felt a stinging sensation on my cheeks that caused me to fall on the bed. I've been slapped! Because Lui told his mother we are married, oh my God I didn't see this one coming and I'm not surprised either, with the extent to which this woman dislikes me, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

"No Lui please, she's your mother no matter what. Don't ever raise your hands on her." I quickly got off the bed, holding Lui's hand to prevent him from slapping his mother the way she did to me. I was able to witness them arguing despite myself but I can't stand here and see a son raise his hand on his mother because of me. No I can't, I just can't.

"You see why you're never going to understand what love is? And you're always going to feel better just because of money. This conversation has ended, get out!!!"

"What is going on here?" Mr Gianni asked coming into the room. It's good he didn't get to see what Lui almost did, it would have worsened the case more.

"What is going on here is your wife hitting mine with her sinful fingers and leaving marks. I'll give you the respect of you being my parents and not file an assault case against her so you two, get out!'

"This is war! I will make sure your evil plans for trapping my son never becomes unsuccessful. Consider me an enemy and not a mother in-law."

Mrs Gianni spat the words at me like venom, I don't doubt that with the look in her eyes. She's a raging lioness with a thirst for revenge from the girl who has stolen her lion son. A woman who's ready to do anything to make my life hell as she stormed out of the room.

"I sent you to work for him not seduce him Zuri, I thought you were better than that." The dissapointment was so evident in his tone of voice, it crushed me more within.

Those words from Mr Gianni hit me hard. I was supposed to work as an assistant to Lui and not end up like this with him. Not end yo as his fiancée or wife or girlfriend, it was supposed to be professional not amorous relations I had with him.

How could it not turn like this? Who has a grip of love? Who can stop their heart from loving someone? If someone can, I cannot. I didn't tell my heart to love him, I hated him yet my stupid heart went ahead to love him intensely and now just look at all this!

"What she's better than is having in-laws like you, I suggest you follow your wife before I change my mind."

"Don't stress yourself, I'm leaving this disgrace." He left, slamming the door.

See what you've done Zuri! You're a home wrecker! You've separated a son from his parents, you're a disappointment.