Book one: Chapter five

Luigi's POV

Whoever parties on weekday they have work on the next day? It's no other person than me, myself and I. I'm having the bitchiest of hangovers right, too bad for a Tuesday morning after being introduced as the new CEO of this company. But hey who cares? I'm the boss and I do whatever I want, it's not like I love this work anyway. I'm doing it for my father and the family company. And if it weren't for that, I'll retrace my steps back to my car without batting an eye to look at the building.

A smug smile finds it way to my lips as I wiped my bottom lip with my thumb when I remembered what went down the previous night.

I spent my night yesterday out at a luxurious club with the model I've been trying to hook up with for sometime now. She wasn't a tough nut to crack though she was playing hard to get. One kiss on those plump lips and she was at my feet begging for more, twerking on me and giving me a mind blowing lap dance I had never had before. She told me she used to be a stripper and that was the reason for her good dance moves.

The club was owned by my friend and he had his waiters serve us with shots upon shots of expensive tequilas, glasses of margaritas and martinis. I wasn't as wasted as Claudine who kept striping at the private section of the club asking for a quickie. She looked so desperate back then even when I wasted off her advances and request. And I was like really? I love my girls sober, not reeking of alcohol. It's going to make me gag and puke on anything.

After we left the club and went home to mine, I had to babysit her through out the night till she fell asleep. I'm no babysitter but I did it, in case in her drunken state she ruins sentimental things in my house.

I couldn't sleep a wink during the night or in the morning either, Claudine seduced me into sleeping with her when she woke up as a token of her appreciation for bringing her home and babysitting her.

Who am I to refuse? I'm a full bloodied man after all, sex is something I can't refuse like c'mon. We went on and on till I was out of breath and kinda numb but wasn't so weak to come to work. I may not like it but it's for the family, family comes first in all aspects, no matter what.

"Meet me here after work." I told my driver though it sounded like an order. He nodded, coming towards my side of the car and opened the door. I stepped out of it and put on my shades, the sun wasn't yet out but I wanted to and what I want is what I do.

I got the same reaction from the employees, the reception fell silent and like always I looked at the grimly. Increasing my strides, I left the reception into the elevator and busied myself by browsing through my phone.

I caught a few female employees gawk at me on my way and trust me, it was irritating. "Get back to your cubicles!" I ordered them with a poker face.

I passed by the desk of my new assistant after getting out of the elevator and walking towards my office. I felt anger brewing inside of when I looked over at their desk and found out there was no damn soul in sight.

Was my father shitting me ? Or is that my new assistant isn't punctual. If it's the latter, then o boy she or he is in for a ride of their lives with me. I'm going to make sure they quit if they don't meet my standards.

They've proven themselves they are not anywhere near my standards.

Firstly by not being here on time when I the boss who could have chosen, is already here. I shook my head and went into my office.

There weren't no files whatsoever on my desk waiting for me, no coffee in fact no nothing. "What a useless excuse of a human being do I have for a personal assistant?" I asked myself in unbelief before bending my hand. I brushed the hand of the suit coat upwards a little and checked the time on my watch.