Book two: Chapter nine

Lui's POV

I didn't want to say this, I didn't want to get her worried seeing what happened to Wendy. I didn't want to add the problems of the company to hers but she has asked and looking at how she's looking at me in expectation and seriousness, I have to say it. "We are in a deep shit with the law." I said after a while.

Zuri was confused. "What? Why? What has happened?"

"Those incompetent and corrupt fools at the finace department is what happened." And she didn't allow me deal with that jerk! Fuck!

"What did they do?"

"The auditors said we didn't fully pay all the taxes we were supposed to pay in November, December and January this year."

"OMG, that is bad news for the company. Has Mr Gianni been told?"

"No I haven't told him, I only found out in the morning when they called, telling me their findings and I can't tell him either."

I can't tell that man, he will be up my neck and I'll look like an incompetent person in front of my family.

"But he has to know before someone tells him, he's surely going to because it's going to be a big scandal if someone gets it out there in the public."

"A big scandal that can affect our chances of receiving the Golden excellence awards this month."

"It is next two weeks, we have to do something about it. We've all worked hard to get the nominations and we deserve the awards, the greed of some people can't disappoint others and let their hard work go down the drain."

"Yeah I'm going to do something about it, so many things are at stake."

"Mmnh." I flickered my eyes to her pursed lips which were looking so tempting. I couldn't resist it and sent my lips on hers. I thought she was going to resist but she didn't.

My baby trailed her fingers in my cheeks, later finding their way into my hair. Her gentle strokes turned rough, emboldened me to deepen the kiss as I tasted and savored her the more.

I didn't know I had unbutton her shirt till she held my hand. I opened my eyes to look at her in confusion, "not on your swivel chair again honey."

We both laughed, remembering what happened last year when we were making out on the chair. I nodded in understanding and kissed her.

Carrying her bridal style to the couch, I laid her on it and hovered over her. I maintained eye contact with her as I undid the buttons on my shirt.

Zuri however couldn't take the delay, she grabbed me by the collar and pulled me to her. I chuckled at her eagerness to make out and caress.

I brushed my lips against hers to tease her the more. She groaned and smashed my lips on hers. Our blissful make out session was interrupted by the ringing on my phone.

Zuri pushed me off lightly but I yanked her hands away and went back to sucking her neck hungrily, "let it ring, I'll check it later." I muttered in a deep voice into her ears, biting her earlobe on purpose.

"No go now, it might be important."

"Later babe." The words barely left my mouth when the phone rang again. I cursed silently at whoever was rudely interrupting me when I was having one of the best moments of my life.

"See?" Zuri persisted, cocking her brow at me.

"Okay okay, I'm going." I was very irritated but tried not to show it. I got off her and walked to my desk. I picked up the phone in exasperation, looking at the ID, it was Paris. "What?"