Book two: Chapter six

Zuri's POV

"Screw yourself racist pig!" Bringing the phone to my lips to send my words loud and clear, I shouted in exasperation.

Yeah he should go screw himself cause I'm sick and tired of his games. The police has been able to track his location and soon arrests will be made oblivious to him.

"Baby?" I took the phone, looking at the ID and that was when I realised the person on the line was no other than my cucci.

I was so mad pissed at that sadist for calling me again today after what he did to me days ago, reminding me I have an extra left, that I didn't bother checking cause I thought it was him.

But I thought wrong, it was my baby. "Oh hey honey." I said weakly, I'm so busted. What lie I'm I going to cook up now?

"Which racist pig should go screw himself?" He asked. He sounded amused at my choice of words yet curious.

"Uh oh that? Its nothing to worry about, just one random guy who has been calling me and spamming my dm with cheesy love messages."

"I should be worried about it if someone has his eyes on my baby." He said in a matter of fact tone.

"Nah you shouldn't cause your baby has her eyes only for you and no one else. You have all my heart so there's room to share, chill, how are you?" I said in hopes of drawing his attention away from my opening speech.

"Mnh, I'm not fine. I miss you badly babe! I want to strangle these motherfucking idiots delaying me here for extra days, they're keeping me away from seeing you!" He groaned over the phone, I could sense the irritation in which he spoke.

Same here honey. "I miss you so much too love, so so much." I paused, "Mind your language boy."

"I'm sorry mummy for being a bad boy and cussing." He said that in a funny baby voice.

It got me cracking up, "gosh Lui you're so crazy!"

"I'm crazy for you and seriously, I miss you damn badly! I miss your amazing smile, miss waking up to your beautiful face every morning and cuddling with you."

"I miss you too especially pinching your rock ass butt." I giggled like a silly school girl.

"I knew it! I knew you don't care about me, you only care about my butt." I burst into laughter, he was being so childish and I even saw through his feigned hurt.

I sobered, "oh hey I do okay." I really want to see him but I can't, not with this bandage around my head. It's going to raise questions and I don't wanna lie more to him.

"Then let me see your face,I'm switching to Face time."

"Uh no, I'm in the-" I frantically looked around trying to spot something that I can use as an excuse, my eyes landed on our group picture, "I mean I'm with two annoying people who're going to tease me all day if they see you on my phone, that's going to make me miss you more and I'll end up crying all day."

Luo laughed, "gosh you're such a terrible liar but I'll let it pass. I know it's your way of making me miss you more and you don't want me to get distracted like I've been doing for days now but trust me babe you're a good distraction."

Okay so we're going to take that, "oh yeah you've caught me, I want you to focus on your work and finish with everything quickly and come, about that when are you coming?

"Saturday if God permits."

"Okay which time?"

"Roughly, I'll touch down at noon."