Book two: Chapter ten

Zuri's POV

"Thank you so much Sir." I muttered my appreciation for the millionth time that afternoon, I was so relieved. It's as if I haven't heard any news as good as this before.

"Don't thank me Miss, but I'll advice you two to handle it more carefully next time. It would have been a big scandal if it had been revealed to the public and the years long glory of the company would have been tainted."

"We sure will, thank you once again." Lui said and extended his towards him for a handshake.

He balanced his briefcase on ths other and took his hand, shaking it with a smile broader than Lui's. "You're welcome, I'll take my leave now."

"Sure let me see you out."

"If it won't be a problem."

"Of course not." He patted the auditors back and left with him.

Lui and I have been wearing huge smiles on our faces in his office where the auditor who found out about the tax theft in the company. He said the head of the financial department had paid a visit to his office with a junior colleague and sorted it out but didn't tell us how.

It feels like a heavy weight have been lifted off our shoulders with this news, a huge scandal has been avoided and our extra hard work and efforts are going to be appreciated at the awards ceremony.

I'm so looking forward to it and Gianni automobile bagging home a lot of awards. I want us to win all our nominations, we truly deserve it. Lui deserved it a whole lot, he has done a highly commendable job that has to pay off.

I'm so happy though I have a lot of problems in my life that haven't been resolved like the issue of the masked man and my so called worst nightmare. I'd rather not think about it and ruin the good mood I'm in. Even though I'm still afraid of what's ahead, I'm still going to push it down.

"This calls for a celebration don't you agree?" I asked Lui who's smile he had on hasn't faded, upon his arrival back in his office.

"I do babe but first things first, call Fia."

I looked at him quizzically, I don't comprehend why I should, don't get me wrong.

"The issue has been resolved which means, it can't hinder us in anyway from winning awards which is why you need her to get you a stynn8ng dress for the occasion."

"Yeah right."

He scooped me onto his laps and I picked up my phone to call Fia like he asked me to.

I positioned the phone in a way Fia can see us both when she picked up the call. She was behind her desk and donned glasses with a messy bun on head, they were bugs under her eyes. She looked like an exhausted person who hasn't slept in days.

"What are you killing yourself for? Money you already have?" Lui immediately lashed out at her grimly after taking in her appearance.

"Cut it out Lui." I get he cares so much about her but lashinh out at her isn't going to solve anything. It's going to make things more tense.

"Far from that, I love my job okay even if can be so stressful most times." She shot back though not grimly, it was kind if feeble but you coud still feel the harshness in it.

Lui didn't like it her tone too well he opened his mouth to say something. Something I knew out of habit wasn't going to be good, Gianni men can be so overbearing sometimes, they hate to be contradicted or talked to harshly.

"Hey you two better make sure this doesn't turn into a quarrel or I'm outta here." I said rather seriously even though I had a smile on my face. They both need to lighten up.