Book one: Chapter twenty three

Luigi's POV

"Deandra if this is your ploy to make me feel guilty, seriously I don't love it. Wake up." I nudged her to open her eyes so I can get this burden off my chest. She didn't budge, she sat there motionless.

Fear gripped me, is she dead? No she can't be, she was completely fine a while ago save for her being pale, then what is wrong? I turned on the ignition and drove away at top speed to my house, I'll have to call my doctor to come check on her. I hate hospitals, the smell of disinfectant, blood and the feeling of death, pain and sadness, I just can't stand that.

All this while, I turned to look at her to see if she's going to wake up and tell me it was a prank she was pulling on me. And as always she never woke up. "Zoe, please meet me at my home in the next five minute, it's an emergency." I said with worry into the phone and threw it somewhere.

I arrived at home in less than five minutes to see Doctor Zoe already at the living room waiting for me. Carrying her bridal style, I ascended the stairs into my bedroom and gently placed her on the bed.

"What is wrong with her?" I'm anxious to know what's happening though she hasn't started examining her.

"Come down Luigi, she's not death. I can still feel her pulse." Ah that is good news, I can't imagine her dying. It's going to be a very great loss to me, finally knowing your love only for her to die in your car. Aside the loss, it's also going to get me into a big trouble with the law, something I'm not ready for I'm very okay with my disastrous life.

"Then find out what's wrong with her right this minute! This suspense is killing me." Maybe it's the love or this pain in my heart seeing her lie down on my bed, stationery. I sat beside her and pulled her hands in mine rubbing it and offering a silent prayer to God to get her out of this unconscious state.

Dee Dee stirred and slowly came into consciousness. She darted her eyes around faintly till they landed on me. I was happy I pulled her in for a hug which made the doctor lash out at me. "That isn't right, you should be careful with her considering she just regained consciousness to prevent her from fainting again idiot."

"I'm sorry Zoe, I'm happy seeing her flutter her eyes open. You don't know how tensed I was when she wasn't waking up."

Doctor Zoe rolled her eyes at me, taking out her customized iPad. Perks of being a multimillionaire and having rich parents, "how are you feeling miss?"

"I'm weak and my head is aching." She released herself from my arms and clutched her forehead.

"It's mostly happens, I'll give you something to take the pains away. Do you have any allergies?"

"Not one that I know of, I eat literally everything."

"Mnh I see, what did you eat yesterday? Or the day before."

"I had pasta the day before and ate this new almond pizza at the pizzeria in my hood."

"Well then that's the answer, you have a very strong and severe allergy to almonds. How were you feeling before you passed out, diarrhea? Cramps or anything?"

"I had severe diarrhea last night through to this morning and cramps too. I thought it was a normal thing so I didn't pay heed to it."

"Well from what I saw after examining you, you were dehydrated from the persistent diarrhea and that was what caused you to faint." Zoe said and typed something on her pad, "why did you have to force this poor girl to come to work in this state?"

"I didn't know she was this sick, I saw she was pale and thought it wasn't anything serious." I shrugged my shoulders, I'm an actor experienced in reading scripts and acting them not a doctor with a white lab coats, checking patients and diagnosing illness.