Book three: Chapter twenty one

Zuri's POV

The beautiful light blue sky blessed with the blazing and dazzling sun which shone intensely on the earth, making the sand on the beach sparkle and warm but enough to burn my toes slightly as I walked to Lui to hand him a towel.

A warm breeze whirls around me, sending my now straightened hair in different directions. I removed some strands that had fallen on my face away, tucking them behind my ear while passing by the couples who laid on the sand, tanning their bodies.

I felt myself melt at the sight of my husband who was had emerged from the sea and was approaching me. Lui's blond hair was noticeably long and due to it being in water, it had become wet and a fistful if it had fallen over his eyes, he brushed it away. His pale skin was now a smooth caramel shade, making his chiseled chest even more tantalizing. I licked my lips as I felt myself longing to touch it and run my hands over it.

I don't know if Lui has supernatural gifts or not, vacationing in the Caribbean had always been my dream and he somehow managed to find out and brought us here, Aruba.

We've been here for three weeks now and all he mostly does is getting his skin tanned either on the beach or the pool available in our hotel.

I've found myself loving every moment we've spent here. Summer is one of my favorite seasons aside fall, summer means—beaches, tan, sun, relaxation and never ending fun for three months. Lui and I have been making the most out of our days here, mingling with some couples here we met here, going out to the town during the night to have a feel of night life in the Caribbeans, paragliding and having fun at the local tourist sites..everything is thrilling and bliss.

As I got closer, I could hear the waves getting noisier as they crashed against each other, the smell of the sea getting more pungent. As much as I loved summer, the salty air sometimes makes me nauseous, making me feel as if I was munching on fresh raw fish.

"Hey babe." He said, his lips curled into an eye glowing smile as he took the towel from me. "Wanna take a swim with me?"

I shook my head, "today isn't my day, I don't feel like swimming."

"C'mon babe, it isn't normal swimming in here with the others." He wrapped one hand around my waist, pulling me closer while he dried his hair with the other as we made our way back to our spot.

Running my hand on his chest, I glanced at him. "Every swimming is swimming, so what are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about the one involving undersea exploration, let's go snorkeling."

"Snorkeling?" I asked, stopping to look at him with excitement dripping in my voice and on my face. Hey forget about today not being my day, I won't let this perfect opportunity pass me by, arriving here, I made a bucket list of things I want to do and snorkeling is on top of the list! Coral reefs and underwater animals always fascinated me so I'm definitely going to go.

His face lit up and nodded his head, his smile widening. "Yup, we're doing everything on our bucket list remember?"

I nodded, "so where do we buy the snorkeling gears?"

"There." He pointed to a direction, I followed it with my eyes and found out it was our spot. I furrowed my brows cause I don't get what he meant by there when I can't see anything.

He saw my expression and poked the side of my head playfully, "look harder, there's a bag beneath your chair, that's where I kept them. Let's hurry up and change before the coach comes."