Book one: Chapter fifty two

"Baby." I called Zuri trailing kisses on her cheeks to her neck.

She whined with her eyes closed, "Lui what do you want?"

"You know what I want, wake up." I continued with what I was doing just to get her to wake up but I was enjoying it too.

"Its too early in the morning." She whined again turning her body to face the other side. "Go back to bed."

I got up from sitting behind her now and going to where she was facing."I can't go back to bed." 

"And why is that?" She asked opening her eyes and squinting them to look at me.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" 

"Nothing that I know of."

"What have you been thinking of lately?" I asked her in concern. She hasn't been herself for a while now and she tends to forget things too like now, we're supposed to go over to my parents' to meet my father.

"Nothing." She replied rather too quickly.

"Nothing?" I said with slight irritation in my tone of voice, I'm fed up with this answer she has always been giving me. 

"Yeah."

I opened my mouth to speak but closed it. I don't want to lash out at her in irritation or be a nagging boyfriend either. I decided to change the subject, "are you still sleepy?"

"Nope."

I smiled and held her hands in mine as I kissed her knuckles. "Good cause you're getting up from bed now."

"To? I want to be in bed all day today." She yanked her hands away from me and sunk deeper into the bed.

"Your soon to be father in law's house."

Zuri yanked the covers from over her, staring at me with bulged eyes."Oh my gosh is it today?" 

"Yeah." I looked at her closely wondering what has been eating her mind up for her to forget things when that's unlike her 

"Damnit, what's the time?" She quickly got out of bed, sliding her feet into her feetwarmer.

"Its eight in the morning."

"And when do we leave?" She asked coming out of the closet in my sweatshirt that exposed a little bit of her thighs.

I kept my eyes on her, silently admiring how cute my shirt looked on her. "In an hour time." 

"That's too bad, I can't bake the carrot and almond cake your father likes so much." Zuri said in a defeated voice with a sad look on her face as she slumped her body on the couch.

"Yes you can make it, an extra hour won't hurt. "

"He hates it when we're late."

"He wouldn't as long as he gets to eat his favorite cake."

"You sure?"

"I know my old man too well."

"Oh great, I'm going to make it like now."

"Can I tag along?" She gave me a no no look, "I can help, with the mixing."

"Thank you honey but not again." Her luscious lips curled into a beautiful smile that was contagious.

I smiled too, I know what she meant damn well. She prepared tiramisu for the family three days after we got back from New York, I offered to help her out but ended up pouring half of the mixture on us. I wanted to impress her badly but failed. "I promise not to repeat it again." I gave her my puppy eyes that I knew she was going to fall for.