Book three: Chapter two

Present day after Lui calling off his and Paris' engagement but Zuri is oblivious to this.

Zuri's POV

My alarm woke me up, it kept blasting noisy till I had no other choice than to wake up. After waking up, I fell back into bed with a thud, I want to sleep this day off like I really do, I wish I can just close my eyes then like a breeze of wind, Saturday is here.

Then I woke up with a start, my responsibility jerking me out of bed like a bolt of thunder. These aren't the times that I can be in bed, zone everyone out and mop in bed all day, those free days are gone. I have a responsibility now, a daughter to take off.

I scrambled out of bed to check up on her and found her still asleep, I allowed her to sleep. It was still early in the morning, 6:02am. She lying on bed gives me more time to prepare her breakfast and lunch before I help her perform her morning duties.

Going into the kitchen, I took out the ingredients for the food and got to business. Sooner than I expected, I was done preparing the pea nut butter and chocolate chip pancakes with slices of apple and juice for breakfast and her lunch but before I packed them, I went upstairs to her room to get her out of bed.

"Good morning mama!" Bay Kira flung her arms around me as she greeted me cheerfully.

"Good morning baby, how was your sleep and yourself?"

"We're both good." She replied, stressing the good.

"Thank God you're both good." She looked at me and giggled, her dimples appeared and I resisted the urge to poke them like I do sometimes.

"Are you good to mama?"

"Yup." I answered with a smile as we got into the bathroom.

"I can brush my teeth."

"Yeah my baby is a big girl." I helped her stand on a chair to the height of the sink so she does her own thing. While she was sit it, I went I to her closet to get her outfit for school, I settled on a strap red plaid dress with black turtleneck top and balenciaga.

I then helped her take her bath and in minutes we were done, I left her to lotion herself as I went to the kitchen to get her breakfast upstairs to eat while she gets ready for school.

I took the chance to pack her backpack while she ate then combed her hair, tying it into a ponytail with two side bangs.

Soon we were out of the house  after I packed her lunch consisting of fried chicken with potatoe salad, watermelon, broccoli and brownies and found ourselves walking to her classroom.

"Be good babe, I love you." I told her and kisses her cheeks then forehead.

"I promise I will mama, I love you too." She cooed adorably then smiled which made me smile also cause it was impossible not to.

********

"Don't worry you'll be fine." Azzy assured me, giving my hand a squeeze.

I only nodded timidly, giving her a small smile. She doesn't know what I'm going through within me, I've been so blue since the day Wendy informed me about the possibility of Lui attending the event.

I wished today was never going to come and though it's here, I wish for it to pass faster than I can say I. I don't want to meet him, I've always been wishing to but now I don't, I'm afraid of seeing him especially now that he's about to get engaged and soon marry, I don't want my presence to cause a rift of any kind in their lives.

But in reality aside not wanting all that to happen, one reason why I don't want to meet him is, I'm afraid of seeing where I stand in his eyes, I can't bear how he feels about me in his eyes and face. Yeah you can say I'm a wimp because I am, I'm sure as hell to break down and lose the confident and calm collectedness I've mastered these four years which didn't come easy.