Book one: Chapter thirty

Zuri's POV

We arrived at the restaurant at exactly seven o'clock. We meaning the driver and I, it wasn't Luigi who came to pick me up, he did on his orders. I don't know what the heck he's doing to get him so busy, he couldn't come for me.

I was slightly pissed at him. He's behaving distant, he made me go to the penthouse with the driver after the meeting today claiming he had an unfinished business and when I thought he's going to pick me up so we come here together, he sent the driver.

I just hope he isn't so busy to ditch this dinner. I'll be very heartbroken and mad as hell if he should do that. I'll end whatever unlabeled thing between us and teach him a good lesson. "Thank you Feodore."

"I'm always at your service ma'am." He tipped his hat at me after struggling with difficulty to utter those words in english, he's purely Russian and has lived here all his life, having little education. Thats what I've learnt about him in our little stay here with him as our driver.

The restaurant was really simple. That's what I thought till the doorman ushered me in, giving me two red roses and telling me congrats. I haven't won a lottery, I smiled at him though and turned to scan the room for Lui.

An unfamiliar lady approached me with two white roses, smiling and handed it over to me with the words, "you are really lucky to have someone like him, he's so in love with you." What nonsense is she talking about?

"Uh thank you."

"Every time he sleeps, he sees your beautiful smile." Another man stood up from his seat and came to me, giving me a pair of red roses.

"He's lucky to have you in his life as you light it with your glow." I got another fresh rose, who's behind all this.

"You give him the strength to conquer all." A beautiful lady, hugged me and put a rose in my hair.

"Go to your Prince Charming princess." Now I'm very certain it's no other than Lui.

And I was right, standing at the center of the restaurant is the most handsome man, the love of my life and the only person who'll go out of his way to make me happy and feel special. Now that's my cucciolo.

All I saw was him and I in our little fairy world tonight. Please make my dream come through dear Fairy Godmother.

I took the reaming steps in front of me scattered with rose petals and candles lined at the side, going to my Knight in shinning tuxedo who stood on a makeshift stage. I made sure to walk gracefully and elegantly towards him as I maintained eye contact, just the way he likes it.

Though he was staring at me with love and adoration, there was something off about him as I got closer, he was very jittery and that was unlike him. The Luigi Gianni I know is always confident and laid back showing no signs of being edgy. Lui wasn't still and tried his best to give me a nervous smile which made me chuckle at him, "hey relax, I don't bite."

His next action caught me off guard. Lui went on his knee, oh my gosh! My heart is thumping so fast in my chest, I think it's going to explode. Is he going to....? I've seen this so many times in romance movies and I know this is the part where the man proposes oh my I bargained for being a girlfriend but a fiancée? Oh my gosh it's a double surprise he has pulled up on me and blessing too.

This whole kneeling thing got me emotional, I did my best not spill a tear or two as I discreetly wipe them off my eyes. A man like Lui doesn't beg, he doesn't do relationship, he gets the girls any day and anytime he wants and he has gotten on his knee for me? I know, I know I am special, he's told me so many times and tonight I don't doubt it.