Book one: Chapter fifty

Zuri's POV

I had one of the best moments of my life with Lui yesterday aside the proposal and engagement party in Russia.

We toured the streets of New York from morning to dusk, nah it was more like I toured New York. Lui has been here several times and guided me, sending me to fascinating places I've heard but not seen on my own.

Getting our metro card and purchasing our ride, Lui and I took the subway to Brooklyn Bridge because I told him I wanted to experience what it felt like taking the subway.

The ride was pretty good and thrilling. Lui entertained me with his jokes to keep my mind of the rats lurking beneath the train and we being underground.

At the bridge, there wasn't much people around like I anticipated. There were a few couples who were also walking the bridge like us, we took pictures and enjoyed it before leaving to our next stop.

The ever famous New York Central Park. We visited the zoo where we saw the sea lions and penguins.  We then took a stroll through the park enjoying the beautiful scenery, the trees and snow after watching people skate. The park was beautiful even for winter.

We went to the Rockefeller Center after Central Park where I got a glimpse of the talked about Rockefeller Christmas tree.

The tree was just like what they said, its glowing lights and beautiful decoration really boosted the festive mood. Lui and I took pictures under it and one of them was of us kissing under a mistletoe.

We didn't skate there too. I don't know if it was because of what happened in the morning when I got pissed at him for denying me the towel. Maybe be doesn't want me to be cold, who knows.

Lui and I ate pizza at a joint nearby and visited a couple of his old friends in Manhattan.

Coming back home, we rested for a while before moving to the next part of our day two surprise, that's what Lui calls it.

I was curious to know what it was all about but he was tight lipped about it the whole time and guess what it was!

It turned out to be an ice skating date at the Winter Village in Bryant Park! How cute and romantic, it was way out of our date options yet it was the cutest. A date in the rink surrounded by snow!

It was almost 8:50 pm when we arrived at the village. It was after working hours yet they allowed us entry courtesy my cucci. I would be on the next van to Manhattan Police Department if it were only me because I'm no celebrity to have the right links for my every wish.

It was just us in the rink with a guard outside it just in case anything happens which didn't.

We skated holding hands and doing tricks I thought him at the carnival back home, under the twinkling lights and starry sky.

Cold winds sent chills to my body every now and then yet I didn't mind. I loved and treasured every moment of what we did and I didn't want to stop for anything not even the cold.

I remembered some ballet moves from the swan lake which I taught Lui and as I hummed the tune of the song. It was hilarious seeing him do the moves and he nearly fell had I not hold him. It was useless we ended up falling.

Sipping on cups of hot chocolate, we sat at the table Luo arranged for us and had dinner under the moonlight.

Aside eating, we orally made a list of our new year resolutions and guess what it includes!?