Book one: Chapter forty eight

This chapter hasn't been edited so please pardon me for any errors.♥

Zuri's POV

I was disoriented for a second this morning waking up in an unfamiliar room till I remembered Lui and I travelled to a place in yet to know the name cause I slept through out the ride to the airport, I was so tired.

Yesterday was one tiring day. Azzy and Wendy together with Lui and I went the annual carnival that was held in park in our hood after eating breakfast and getting bored with just clinging around.

Arriving there, Wendy immediately pulled us to the ice rink where we ride bumper cars for like twenty minutes before leaving there to play games that came with a reward.

Lui won for me a big teddy bear dressed in Santa's clothes! A Christmas teddy bear and he was so cute and fluffy but not more than my cutie pie, Zulu, she is an angel.

We also ate cotton candies and rode the Ferris wheel. Well Azzy and Wendy rode rode it more than once unlike us who ride it once because I was scared of being in the air with cold wind brushing against my face, that's seriously crazy, I think I have a phobia for height.

The girls joined us after their rides at the food stands, getting a table for us while Lui and I bought food. All the riding and driving drained the energy we had leaving us famished.

Lui and I bought pretzels with a big bowl of frozen cappuccino topped with strawberry and banana and for the topping of the pretzels, I didn't know which to choose so I opted for both cheddar cheese and cream cheese, they are all cheese right?

Azzy got for herself fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich paired with orange juice. Wendy also went for  that but with corn dogs topped with honey mustard.

After eating, the girls went back to riding the Ferris wheel leaving Lui and I alone to roam the place and later resorted to teaching him how to skate.

Though cold weather and I aren't the best of friends, I can ice skate like a professional and sometimes leaving me sick afterwards.

Lui was a baby in it so it took a long time in teaching him and now be can skate like a pro. Wendy and Azzy app rented skating boots and joined us in the rink to skate almost the whole day had I not complained of being tired and cold.

Coming back home, I cooked us dinner of fish curry sauce with grilled potatoes which we all are with relish, Lui and Wendy ate the most.

We then settled in the living room, watching Grinch. Wendy teased Lui that he was Grinch because of how he used to be. I didn't talk much during the movie, lack of sleep the previous night coupled with the turing day made me sleepy asf. I dozed off till I felt being carried.

I thought we were going to sleep so I changed into my winter pajamas, pulled my hair into a messy bun and got into bed only for Lui to pull me out of bed playfully couple of minutes later, telling me we were going somewhere.

I groaned, I was on the verge of drifting off to dream land when he did that and it was so annoying, I got a little pissed.

My bed was super comfy and was calling out to me, all I wanted was to get in to bed after shooing him out of the room but I didn't do that.

I can't do that to my baby. He comes before anything aside God- He is the first. Anything for my cucci no matter what it takes, I got my tired body out of bed and followed him meekly like an obedient servant.

Like the other time, I didn't pack any suitcase. My dearest sister in law took care of that. I only hope they aren't as flimsy as the previous ones.