Book three: Chapter four

Zuri's POV

I slowly drifted to consciousness, I fluttered my eyes but shut them back again as I rolled on my side, turning to face the opposite and tried to go back to sleep because if I don't, memories of last night will eat my sanity which I don't want.

I just laid there unable to drift back to sleep yet I didn't give up, I closed my eyes again and tardily, sleep decided to take over me. I heard the door open faintly followed by footsteps and before I knew, a little body had climbed onto the bed, shaking me awake. "Wakey wakey, mama." She singsonged into my ears loudly enough to chase the sleep away.

"C'mon honey your mama is asleep, she's still tired from last night."

The mention of last night by my mama caused me tense up as I turned on my side to face my baby girl, I relaxed when I saw the adorable smile on the face of my darling. "Good morning sweetie." I cooed, carrying her into my arms.

But her smile dropped then she pouted, and began to get teary as she looked up at me. "Are you sick mama?" She asked and brought her hand to my face then touched my eyes and cheeks. "Your face."

My eyes are red and puffy with my cheeks stained with tears, I'm looking hideous but she thinks I am sick.

"No baby, I'm fine..I'm okay." I said, forcing a smile for her.

"What happened to your face then?"

"Uh—"

"Grand baby," mama called her as she sat on the bed and took her from my arms, she sat my cutie on her laps, "mama is having a tiny headache but if you keep asking her questions, it will shoot up." She told her, making gestures with her hands for emphasis.

Her eyes widened, her lips parted as she looked up at mama's lifted hand in the air. I wanted to laugh at how cute she was looking right now but I couldn't, I was really having a headache but not that bad as mama's making it look like.

She's only saying that so Jakira doesn't ask questions, questions that will make recall last night. She and the whole house know what transpired, I hired a taxi and came here right after leaving Paris in the hallway. They took in my appearance and that was when the questions flowed, I initially didn't want to tell them, I was mad at them cause what went on is their fault as well, it wouldn't if they hadn't given me any choice than to come here.

Later, I blurted it out to them because I wanted them to feel guilty and that guilt was prompt them to know how bad of an idea our coming back is. I did get the guilt from them but they didn't agree with me for us to go back so I'm still mad at them.

Jakira's sudden movement pulled me out of my thoughts, she climbed off the bed and slide her feet into her foot warmers, ready to leave.

"What's wrong, where are you going?"

"I'm coming." Was all she told us as she run out of the room.

"What's up with her?" Mama asked after looking my way.

I rolled my eyes and looked anywhere but her, I'm pissed at her so she shouldn't behave like she and I are best friends cause we're not. Why does she still want us to be here even after what I told them happened last night?

"You turn your eyes away from me when you don't want me to see how angry you're with me, I understand you anger, I really do—"

"Then let's go back to where we came from, let's go back to that tranquility we were enjoying before we came here."

"Are we doing this again? I told you we are not going back and I meant every word of it.. I've been so lenient with you in the past, it robbed you of your happiness, your life and everything. I'm not going to make that mistake again, when will you realize and admit to yourself we coming here is for your own good?"