Book one: Chapter forty five

Zuri's POV

"I like her, welcome to the family my dear." She pulled me in for a hug and pecked my cheeks. I liked how warm the hug was, it was like my mother hugging me and how she smelt, strawberry with a touch of vanilla.

I breathed out in relief, can't this family never be dramatic? She almost made me piss my pants a while ago. "Thank you Mrs Gianni."

"Don't be silly dear, call me Caramel, Mrs Gianni makes me feel so old."

"So much fuss over nothing." Lui's mother muttered in distaste.

"I was trying my acting skills on her, how was it?"

"Mum I'm not trying to be a kill joy here but I'll advice you as a loved one, please stick to your modeling, I don't wanna say you suck."A girl my age said from behind Caramel. Idalia who's munching on something I don't know, Lui, the girl herself and two grown ass men burst into laughter at what the girl said.

Caramel wasn't bothered in the least, I think she's used to they doing that. She smiled down at me and pulled a chair, dragging me to it. "Come here my dear, leave your baby for a while huh? You have to tell me all about your life story."

"Not so fast mum, I haven't been introduced yet."

"Us too." The two grown ass men said in unison, coming to my seat. It was then I saw they were twins, they look so much alike and resemble Uncle Luca except their faces were full of smiles not the smirk on their father's. "I'm Lorenzo and he's Leonardo."

They said in unison again and that was damn weird, I know they're twins and all but why do they keep saying the exact thing at the same time, do they have a mind link like werewolves? "And we're twins."

"I figured, I'm Zuri." I brought my hands out to greet them.

One of them shook my hand and they said, "We figured," in unison. They looked at each other and chuckled, "don't mind us, we've heard so much about you. We can't believe you've managed to tie this asshole down."

"I'm no asshole." He shot back, rolling his eyes in irritation.

"Who do you expect to believe you? Mother? Because she's the only one who loves you despite your cockiness."

"Yeah cause Aunt Caramel  knows me damn well."

"Excuse me Luigi, I don't know you. I agree with my sons." Her expression was serious as she said that, pointing to her sons as if her words were not enough to show who she was siding with.

"See what we're talking about?"

"Okay before you people start bickering, can you like pave way? I wanna introduce myself if no one will."

"Come your royal highness, Princess Violetta Gianni." The twins did a mock bow for their sister.

She batted her lashes and smiled at them, "thank you my noblemen."

I laughed, yeah it was funny looking at these grown ass people behaving like little kids playing royalty. "Hello."

"Hi gorgeous, my silly brothers have already told you my name so we will skip that part, so you know who I am?"

"Errm not really."

"Really Lui? You mean you haven't told her I'm your favorite cousin? The only one who literally loves your cocky ass?"

"Uh.. I did she must have forgotten..." he pleaded with me with his eyes to say something in his defense

"Oh I'm so sorry, he actually did and I kinda forgot, my bad."