Book one: Chapter nine

Luigi's POV

The dinner with Paris was a total disaster. All the arrangements for it were done by Deandra who left nothing out, with the exception of Claudine who I should have told her to give her the impression we were out on a business trip.

Paris and I were at the restaurant eating and chatting away excitedly and nonstop as she filled me in what happened whiles she was away for a month in Italy, my home country and all her sexcapades, I didn't want to hear.

It's not exactly the nicest, listening to your best friend tell you about their sex life and fetish. She was at a part where she was telling me about one Italian guy of African origin, she met who she feels she's going to settle down with not in marriage when Claudine strutted to our table, arrogantly and angrily.

She accused me of cheating on her with an STD Barbie doll like Paris and she was the reason why I never returned her calls or even replied her messages. You know girls and how they hate being insulted, Paris was enraged at the baseless accusations and insults thrown at her and got up from her seat and sent a hot slap to the cheeks of Claudine, leaving a mark on it.

Claudine retaliated to the anger of Paris and the two women threw insults, slaps and smacks to each other. I couldn't stand it and parted  them which left me with a black eye after Claudine hit my eye with her heel when she aimed for Paris.

Unfortunately for us, the restaurant in question is a plush one patronized by celebrities so there was bound to be paparazzi and they got wind of what was happening, took pictures and videos of the fight and everything, posting it afterwards.

Mine and Paris's image are at stake right now because of a stupid mistake on my part for getting involved with Claudine in the first place. Her manager and family have decided to sue Claudine and her management for all the damages caused to their daughter. For me, I'm going to turn a blind eye to it despite my parents disagreeing with my decision. I know low key, they're going to do something about it. I just want this whole drama to disappear without a trace, filing a law suit against her is only going to complicate things.

Deandra helped me a lot too. She made a press release on my behalf, telling the truth and vindicating me from the public eyes. The drama caused a stir in my fan base with many of them taking my side and one others who blasted me for my behavior per what the media put out there are now posting and sending me messages of how sorry they are and stuffs.

Yesterday, I posted for the first time since the incident, thanking all my fans for their support and admonished them not to believe everything they hear or say and shouldn't jump into conclusions without knowing the true side of the story. It was all thanks to Deandra who persistently asked me to do that and it's been good.

I've been at home for a week, working from my study at most and taking care of this black eye for it to heal properly and in time for me to be able to attend the gala. My parents will be present but it wouldn't be a good impression not to show. I'm the acting CEO now and my presence is greatly needed there.

I've left Deandra in charge of the office affairs for the time being at home, referring to me deals which are of uttermost importance. Luckily, the drama didn't affect the business and all our clients were supportive through out. I know it's their way of proving their loyalty to us and an avenue for them to get all the assistance both financially and technically.

"Sir, Mr Sheldon is on the line and demanding to have a chat with you." Deandra looked up from the laptop, stretching the iPad in my direction. I called her to my house to brief me on everything happening at the office, made her cook which she didn't mind and right now she's contacting my designer on my outfit for the gala.