Book two: Chapter seventeen

Luigi's POV

The truth is bitter but you gotta face it.

"No, no.... I don't want to make the same mistake again." I keep telling myself over and over again as I run my fingers through my hair, pacing back and forth in my office.

I am horn- mad and greatly flustered because I think Zuri is cheating on me. Yeah I know I had the same feeling sometime back and I was proven wrong but lately, she has gotten so suspicious yet I don't want to believe she is.

Zuri is so innocent and pure, she can't do something like that and that's what I've been trying to convince myself but everything, I mean literally everything points to the fact she's cheating on me with someone else.

Her distance, coldness and unwillingness to get intimate with me lately proves she definitely is, she doesn't pick my calls no more, neither does she call back when she sees them.

I groan and scold myself, "I need to get a grip on myself, things might not be what they seem and I'll allow my anger take the best of me then ruin things like the last time."

Zuri and I going through that phase again is the last thing I need, I can't bear it and I know she can't either so it's best if we avoid it. And I'm avoiding it, I have to get rid of these ridiculous thoughts running through my head.

As I made my way towards my desk, a knock sounded on the door followed by the arrival of my baby. I smile as I took in her appearance, she was cladded in a maroon colored high waist wide leg pants with a white crop turtleneck to match.

I smile even wider when I noticed the necklace I gifted her during Christmas dangling around her neck. Her heels clinked on the floor as she walked into the room and to my desk.

Zuri extended the files she had in hand towards me without lifting her head to look at me or talk to me. That made get up and scoot closer to her, I'm elated seeing her, I hardly see her lately and I show how I miss her as I pulled her to me. I took the files from her, dumping it in the desk and hugged her, making sure there was no space between us.

I rested my hand on her waist and squeezed it, beaming at her. "Hey baby." I cooed as I lowered my head to her neck, "I missed you." I nuzzled her and inhaled her scent that I've missed as much as I've missed her.

My smile dropped, the excitement and happiness I had after seeing her faded away quickly when she flinched at my words. Zuri pushed me off her but not hard then rests her hand on my chest, looking anyway but me.

I wasn't going to be easily put off by her, she's been doing that lately before she started avoiding me like a plague so it's nothing new though I've got to me truthful, it hurts. I try once more, I'm not giving up.

"I said I missed you," I cooed again and traced her lower lip with my thumb as I stared at her closely to see if she's going to come around. "My lips, ass and our heavenly make out sessions in here." This time around, I whisper it seductively into her ears and take her ear lobe between my teeth, biting on it gently.

Then I licked from her ear lobe to her neck, sucking on her skin every now and then. I heard her breathing getting ragged and her chest heaving as she released a slow moan. I smirked in satisfaction, I sure know how to get her to let down her guards around me.

Just when I thought I had won, she pushes me off her. I staggered as her action caught me off guard and I lean back on the desk. I stare at her, startled. "What what that for and what is wrong with you?"

"Nothing...I have work to do, I'll see you around."

"There won't be need for you to go, I'm clearing your schedule right now. I'll have Chyna complete the rest of the work for the day."