Book one: Chapter twenty five

Zuri's POV

"Hey baby, come to mama." I lifted Zulu off the bed and grabbed my bag from the bed. Luigi is here and he's taking Wendy and I with Zulu to the park around here since it's a Saturday and according to what he said, it's a bright and beautiful day to be wasted indoors.

I went down the stairs and was almost inside the living room when I saw Wendy sitting beside Luigi on the couch and whispering stuffs to each other. They locked their pinky fingers and yelled pinky promise to each other.

It was cute seeing Luigi, a full bloodied man acting so below his age with my baby sis and looking at her like he's her best friend.

"We're here." His eyes roamed my body before returning to my face and his lips stretched into a beautiful smile.

I blushed at he checking me out and instantly felt conscious of what I was wearing- high waist jeans shorts which is mid thigh length with a baggy crop tee and my old white converse. It ain't that bad.

"Can I have him please?"

"Yes Wendy but don't feed her your popsicles."

"Sharing is caring."

"She's going to get sick if you do that." She pouted at me and rolled her eyes, "okay give her just a little, nothing more or you'll have me to deal with me and Luigi too."

"Uh  don't include me." He raised his hands I'm surrender as Wendy looked at him in the eyes like they were having a conversation.

I sat beside him at the front after I placed our picnic basket and cooler at the back with Zulu and Wendy. I caught him staring at my thighs which made me shy and cover them with a blanket for Zulu.

He noticed it and chuckled to himself, driving the car at a minimal speed, that's a first. He's always driving like he's racing, same goes for Kai. I miss him too, we don't get to meet up like before, he's away on a business trip in Japan and will be returning in two months time.

The car ride was filled with the barks and giggling of Zulu and Wendy and sooner than I wanted, we arrived at the park. We got out and Luigi carried the picnic basket and cooler while I held my bag filled with a jumper for Zulu should her jacket get dirty, a bottle of milk, dog beef cubes, apples and a bottle of water- I swear this dogs eat fancier than a normal person would.

Luigi sends a box of dog food for her every week and we're almost short of this week's. Wendy has been feeding her non stop with them almost every minute.

There were lots of families around who were already engaged in games and eating too. I guess we're late. We found a spot beside a large family and settled down after I laid out our large thick blanket on the grass.

"Hey sexy wanna come play with me?"  No sooner had we settled down and began to enjoy the games than a girl around my age came over to ours, holding a water gun and was dripping wet. Her transparent tee was wet making her nipples peak out and causing a temptation to people.

I wasn't the one she's referring to as sexy, I'm hella straight and proud. Her eyes were trailed on Luigi who sat beside saying something to me and totally ignoring the lady. She got offended by his actions, "you aren't even that sexy."

"Glad you realized." Was all he said and went back to ignoring her and pulling my braided hair, whispering cute stuffs into my ear. The lady after being tired from waiting in vain stormed off cursing under her breath.