Book one: Chapter forty two

Zuri's POV

The day I've been dreading is finally here, 26th of December. The day for the end of year party at Gianni automobile. I sighed in self pity, sitting beside Lui in his car, driving to the Grand ballroom.

I just wish everything will go back to normal. I just wish I didn't see him arguing with his parents because of me and nearly slapped his mother or order Fia to stop talking about their parents and how much he hated them.

I wish I could crawl into a hole and just hide so I don't go for this party. His parents are bound to be there and I don't think I want to see them especially his mother who I've become weary of after having that dream, she gives me cold shivers just by the thought of her and the way she looked at me in contempt. I can't fathom why she hates my guts.

I wish I didn't get to hear and see all that, I want my life to go back to being normal with Lui, just the two of us in our own little fairy world with our baby Zulu. Today is all about me wishing, I wish I had a fairy God mother to grant all my wishes, I'll be extremely happy.

Lui squeezed my hand as he pulled up the venue. I didn't notice because I was lost in my thoughts, thoughts that are bothering me and I'm yet to share with someone.

"Baby I don't like seeing you like this." Since the time he woke me up when I had a bad dream, Lui has been extra cautious around me. Never leaving my sight and making me feel loved.

His actions telling me I can trust him and I should tell him everything but I can't. It's like he doesn't want to bother me with questions about what I dreamt of so I relive it yet I've not been able to tell him.

How can I tell a son I had a dream of him, a dream where his mother shot him in the heart and all for what? He going against his family and loving me when he's supposed to look down upon me. It's not easy as it looks.

"I'm fine honey, I'm only tired." Tired is the only excuse I have times I'm brooding over my thoughts that I find difficult to share with him. He knows it's a lie yet he doesn't push it, I appreciate that thing about Lui, he knows I'll tell him in my own time. Will I tell him this? No.

Lui looked at me giving me a sad smile, it broke my heart seeing him like that but I just can't tell him, I don't know but I can't I need help."Mmh, is you say so. Let's go and enjoy the party you worked hard for."

"I wish I could say the same." I faked a smile for him as I muttered under my breath so he doesn't hear it. He either heard it and refused to comment or he didn't at all. He smiled at me and circled his hand around my waist, pulling me to his warm body that was a safe haven and comfort for me as we made our way into the venue after handing his keys to the valet who excitedly took it.

Thank God there ain't any paparazzi in sight. With everything that is going on lately, I don't trust myself to be able to look nice and all perfect for the camera and publicity without revealing the emotional mess I am within.

The doorman opened the door, wishing us a merry Christmas. I only smiled at him and Lui wished him a merry Xmas too.

At last we got into the place I don't want to be right now. I scanned around, taking everything into view, mmnh the decorations and everything was done just the way I told them to, it's screaming festivity and sophistication all in one.

I'm happy it turned out right and hopefully this night too. Lord please help me pull through with people who hate me around. That's the Prayer I silently offered in my head.

Just when I thought tonight will get any better, I spotted Claudine a few steps away from us. She instantly spotted us, it was like she was looking around for us.