Book one: Chapter forty

Zuri's POV

"Boo, are you okay?" I asked Lui for the millionth time since he got back home from Miss Davies house. He's been quiet and kept to himself and refused to eat the food he raced into the bathhouse for with the excuse he isn't hungry anymore.

"Yeah." Yeah yeah yeah and he's back to being quiet. I know I do that to him sometimes but it's for his own good, I don't want him worrying about his parents not accepting me. So does that mean his quietness is for my own good too? Nah yours is different.

"Cucci c'mon don't be like that. You can tell your bella anything." I stood up to him and sat on his laps referring to him by my nickname for him, though he hates it, it always works. I inched his head up to my face so he looks at me, it was then I noticed the red stain on his cheek that looked like lips and..... he smells different. Is he ?

"It's nothing like that love, I can never do something like that and you know it."

Oh okay? Did I say that loud?

"Yes you did."

Huh and that too? "Okay then what is it? Why are you like this? I hate you being all quiet, tell me honey, I can keep I secret." I raised my pinky finger, smiling at him.

He looked at me amused and broke into a smile. That's more like it, he's looking better with a smile and not that gloomy Eeyore face he had on. "You're so inquisitive." He pinched the bridge of my nose, lacing our fingers together. "It's about Paris."

"Yeah you said something about a burglary case at hers. Is she okay? I hope nothing bad happened to her or did it? OMG that's why you're quiet and gloomy-"

"Shhh, it's nothing like that," he stayed silent for a while before adding the rest, "she's totally fine, there was no stalker... yes there was a stalker, she was the stalker."

"What do you mean? I don't get this whole stalker thing."

"My bad, you weren't aware. She called asking for my help concerning a stalker only for me to rush and go to her house for her to seduce me-"

"What? Miss Davies seduced you?" That's the reason for the red lips on his cheek. Why will she seduce her best friend? Or is this some prank they usually pull?

"Yeah and she told me she's in love with me."

"Oh my gosh, that's a bombshell." I covered my open mouth with my hand in shock. Never did I think or imagine it was about this or she felt that way towards him. They're Hollywood's best friend goals since their is it teens? Nah like childhood and now this?

"A big bombshell, I never expected that from her. I see her as a sister and not a lover. She pissed me off tonight and I said so many mean words to her. Now I've lost a best friend from childhood just because she doesn't want me as that." He said the last part with sadness. I understand how it feels losing your best friend and right after a bombshell like this, hmm.

"I'm sorry for your loss boo, don't think too much about it, maybe she was joking alright. She might call you tomorrow and laugh in your face telling you how hilarious your face was."

"You're always naive my love, she meant it and the rest of her words. I know Paris like the back of my hands."

"Rest of her words?"

"Yeah, let's go to sleep." He swiftly changed the subject, carrying me bridal style to my room. He changing it means there's more to it that I don't know and what is more might be about me. I studied his face closely, trying to guess what's going on in his head, "don't look at me like that, I'm thinking of nothing."