Ch.8 A Little Motivation

Time Skip

Normal POV

Miyuki attends Itachiyama for a month now as the Ace in Training. She became curious about the Former Ace. Discovering that the Ace did not quit but transferred to Inarizaki HIgh in order to be close to the Kitsunes Osaka (Women's V.League Team) After finding an article on Volleyball Monthly about her:

Sakiko Shimamura

Made it to the Top 4 Spikers in her 1st year, lost in the Quarter Finals to Shiratorizawa in her 2nd year, scouted by Osaka Kitsunes and goes to their practices so she had to transfer to Geba High School, who represents the Osaka Prefecture. Sakiko-chan we'll be missed by her teammates from Itachiyama as she goes into her 3rd year, determine to lead Inarizaki up to Finals in Nationals.

"If I go up against Itachiyama, then I'm curious on who their Ace is now. It'll be fun to play against her in a friendly, competitive way."

After reading that, Miyuki felt like she needed to work harder. Be more prepared. With her serves, receiving, defense, spikes, setting, blocks, everything that Volleyball has.

Kairi and Mai notice that she stays late after practice in order to work on her spikes on a wall. Aratani became concerned because she sees her friend not going to the showers to get cleaned up.

"I need to be consistent." Miyuki would say as she wipes sweat off of her temples. "You can go home without me." But Aratani just sits and stretches while she watches her friend.

Sometimes, Komori and Sakusa passes by to see Aratani and Miyuki. Miyuki would be spiking to the wall or receiving or setting on the wall while Aratani was stretching while on her phone.

"Ara-chan? Shimotsuki-chan?" Komori would ask while approaching Aratani who smiles while Sakusa watches Miyuki with his mask on. Miyuki wouldn't notice since all she can hear was the sound of the ball hitting the ground then to the wall.

Sakusa watches as Miyuki began to swing and finishes with her wrist snapped downwards. She then receives it and sets it to herself then spikes. Repeating the same thing. If she was off she slowly got back into rhythm. He notice that she's wearing a black shirt with a golden claw mark under the number 24. An MSBY Black Jackals shirt. Especially a shirt that says Shimotsuki above the number. Komori notices and acknowledges it.

"How long has she been like that?" Komori asks while watching.

"Almost 20 minutes. Right after practice." Aratani says as she too watches Miyuki. "Miyuki-chan, 10 minutes left."

"K." Miyuki responds before going faster. Sakusa was amazed at how consistent she is with the rhythm. Even her wrist and technique. It's good but he wondered what technique she's using. Probably from America.

"What position is she playing?" Komori asks.

"She's training to be the Ace after Sakiko-senpai." Aratani said, while both Sakusa and Komori looks at her.

"Sakiko-senpai." Komori sighs as he recalls her saying goodbye and leaving for Inarizaki. He practices he's receives with her when he was a 1st year.

Miyuki kept going as she begins to pant heavier. She spikes the ball which causes the ball to be hit higher and just taps the wall and was a about to land on the ground.

She grunts as she gets down low to receive the ball. Struggling to get it up and back to the rhythm. She puts it higher to give herself to readjust and reset. The only time it'll hit the ground is when she spikes. Each spike, she uses the same way she does.