Ch.32 Stage 1 💞

Normal POV

What I've been waiting for. Sakusa walks to the left side of Miyuki. As he did so, his team cleared out of the way for their Aces. Miyuki places her arms by her sides and standing tall with her medal around her neck that's resting itself on her chest. She didn't smile because she notice that Sakusa didn't smile. As the reporters snapped pictures, she leans toward him and he noticed because their arms were touching.

"Do we pose or something?" Sakusa chuckled softly before turning slightly in as Miyuki follows. Basically, she copied his form but smiled which the reporters comments on that.

"Shimotsuki, you look like a model." One reporter said in Japanese as Miyuki nods to them. She can hear his fangirls squealing but didn't know for what reason since she thinks he's so close to her. Sakusa's frown turned into a straight line which made the fangirls snapped a picture of only him. Some were whining about how Miyuki is close to him. Even her fanboys too were like that.

Both of their teams stared at their backs. Iizuna hums in response as Komori smiled at them, exchanging one with Aratani who giggles. The 1st years, especially Seika, though she didn't want to admit that Miyuki looks good with him, shipping them, did the same by smiling. But one thing that kept bothering her. That Fukurodani Setter..and Miyuki-san. We must tell those girls to not mess with Miyuki. Since she saw one of them eavesdropping their conversation and that same girl talking to him afterward.

You could say that Seika's slowly coming of age and thinking about what's more important rather than crush on some boy who only looks handsome. She didn't want a guy who's personality is like Sakusa which is sadly a turn off for her. Shizuka kept telling her it's hopeless but she had to learn the hard way.

Sakusa saw Miyuki's fanboys groaning and looking disturb but he didn't care. He wants them to back off, anyone really. Including his fangirls since he needed to walk out of the gym with his disinfectant spray in hand. He started to have a feeling of being close to Miyuki, like physical contact. Wanting to pull her closer..in public. But, Sakusa follows Miyuki where Itachiyama was going to the exit, want to know if she's okay with it.

The reporters and other people cleared out as the teams went to the sub arena to pack their bags. Miyuki stayed close to Sakusa who're in the middle of the massive mix of the players.

"You did great today." Miyuki complements softly, staring straight ahead. Sakusa gave her a side glance before humming in response.

"I told you, I would play for u." Those words made Miyuki's heart pound because his voice gave her shivers down her spine as they walked into the sub arena to change and go back to school.

Coach Ichika and Coach Daisuke announced that there will be no practice tomorrow so after school would be free to do whatever they like, but still rest up and refocus for the Interhigh Nationals.

*I wonder when the Interhigh Nationals took place so since the Interhigh Prelims started in June like before Hinata's BD, might as well be at the end of June like the 30th.*

Miyuki thought of going home and resting, maybe clean up the house since it looked like it lost its shine and do some gardening. She had a whole list of things to do. As she undid her bun and took off her rubber band, she sees Sakusa in the corner with his mask on. He's waiting to go back on the bus as most of the teammates went to the bathrooms to change. Miyuki puts her bag on her shoulders, mask in hand before walking towards him.

He knows she's coming towards him because he's been watching her the whole time.

"Kiyoomi?" Miyuki averted her eyes because she didn't know what to do but she wanted to be next to him. Never once did her ex hung out with her or even spend quality time together since she was focused on volleyball and wanted him to initiate first. It seems like she's expecting Sakusa to do the same.