Ch.18 1st year Drama

Miyuki's POV

We started to have early practices in the morning. I had to wake up extra early, like around 4:30 since practice started at 6-8, I wanted to get their early so I won't have to be in a crowded commuter. 

I locked the house as I retied my running shoes on the stairs. I am wearing black joggers with a gradient yellow green line on the sides, a matching black jacket and a yellow practice short. Underneath my joggers, I have black spandex.

I got up and see 2 shadowy figures walking towards me. I back up and put on my mask before casually walking to the commuter. Not paying attention to the 2 shadowy figures. But I felt like I was having Deja Vu. I sighed softly as I turn around to see them right behind me. Komori and Sakusa. Or should I call him by his given name? Dammit, I was suppose to ask him that but I forgot. I got caught off guard. 

I blush under my mask and looked only to Komori who waves at me. The light poles were our only light. 

"Morning Miyuki-san." Komori said in a low voice as he yawns. I nod to both of them as I walked beside Sakusa as we both went to the commuter station. "You have practice too?" He asked. 

"We start today." I calmly replied as he just hums in response. I put my hands in my jogger pockets as the only sound was the gravel under our feet. I feel Sakusa's gaze but I did not want to meet it.

Sakusa's POV

Why is she avoiding to look at me? Is it something I said last night? It sounded like she was happy and now she's timid. I watched her movements. She seemed pretty normal like when I first met her. It bugged me when she was talking and acting like I wasn't there. 

As the commuter arrived, there were little to no people so Komori sits on the other side as I began to sit next to Miyuki. She didn't seem to notice as I gave Komori a questioning look. He sees it and asked Miyuki if she's okay.

"I'm just tired, that's all." She said softly before putting her duffel bag on her lap and laying on it. Such bad posture. You'll hurt your back or something. After a few minutes, Aratani coincidentally went on our commuter as she sits next to Komori. I looked at Miyuki who was sleeping softly. I could only see her eyes closed. 

I wanted to talk to her. So I grabbed a wipe and cleaned my hands before gently shaking her shoulder. She hums softly before opening her eyes. It connects with mine as she sits up. I heard a crack and I assumed it came from her back. Ew. She looks at me and then back to her hands that were on her duffel bag. I furrow my eyebrows at this.

"Did I say something wrong last night?" I asked, hoping it wasn't something I said. Komori tells me that I'm a little blunt when it comes to words, I don't really realize it was offensive. 

"Oh no." Miyuki shakes her head. "It's just that. I don't know what to do." She shrugs and plays with her fingers. 

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" I asked, trying to understand what she's saying. 

"Just the opposite of that." She looks at me as my heart begins to pound. Something in her eyes show itself to me, not the coldness but a feeling like satisfaction. I think. "I'm just overwhelmed and usually I keep my feelings to myself." 

"Am I overwhelming you?" I asked, feeling a little anxious. Did I blow it with her? But she said it was fine and hope we can go far. 

"Just give me sometime to adjust." She sighs softly and places a hand on her chest and closed her eyes. "It's been a while where I felt like this to a guy. Don't misunderstand, when I encounter something new, I want to have time to get used to this."