Ch.64 Melting

January 8

Miyuki's POV

I didn't want to touch my phone last night. I was dead fast asleep after we watched film. I tried to myself up until the end of the game but Coach made it quick for us to get some rest.

I didn't bring my phone with me. To see if Kiyo-kun texted me. But I'm assuming that he doesn't want to talk rn. Because he lost. I want to give him space and focus on winning this thing for him. After leaving my room, I sent a text and left my phone in my duffel bag next to Aratani's and the first years' bags.

Kiy💚 | 8:54
"Even though I didn't see you play, I know you did your best. I'm playing for you!"

💝🔥✨

"I love you"

I felt good sending that text. Because it'll totally bother me the whole day if I didn't. And that would surely make us lose.

I could feel the atmosphere in the storage room: tension and unknown feeling that I can't identify as everyone was stretching out thoroughly. My shoulders are sore. Still yet. Which is giving me anxiety rn. I tried stretching them out and still it's aching a little bit. The pain won't go away!

I took a deep breath, feeling mentally stressed out already and forced myself to calm down. Before going out to the court, I started listening to my music while laying down, flat on my back.

Who's been working so damn hard you got that head on overload

Got yourself this flawless body aching now from head to toe

...

You've been down before

You've been hurt before

You got up before

You'll be good to go, good to go

...

This song makes me think of my life a little bit. To what I've done in the pass to get to here. I then started to stretched out more, holding my phone in my jogger's pocket. I didn't care if the other teams were watching me when I made eye-contact with other girls from the teams passing by. Coach Ichika was talking to the Coach from Shiratorizawa. I felt my back crack and it felt soooo good.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, see Akari with a friendly smile. I immediately take off my earphones and bowed to her in respect.

"That was an epic game to watch, Miyuki-san." She complements and for some reason, I'm getting flustered by this tiny lady. "Wakatoshi couldn't stop commenting the game. I think it's the first time I've ever hear him so chatty."

"O-oh, really?" I chuckled nervously, shoving my earphones in my pocket.

She hums and smiles. "Don't worry, it's all good. He could tell you were really passionate." She held out her hand in front of me as I tilt my head. "I'm a bit sad that my rivalry with Sakiko has been halted. But I'm hoping I get to face you in the championship."

I smiled a bit and accepted her handshake, making eye-contact with her bright amber eyes. I felt the seriousness and my own seem to cool down my own but I held my composure.

"Likewise, Akari-san."

~~~

"Wah! What happened??!"

"Wait, is she okay!?"

"Are they both okay??!!"