Ch.49 To The 🦅 Nest

~ Timeskip~ 3 week before training camp

Normal POV

Miyuki and the team watched the girls championship before practice. Taking stats. Watching their moves and mistakes. Miyuki however, watched herself and Sakiko at the same time. Figuring out, why she's so good. She heard of Sayuri Fujita. The #1 Ace, the 2nd year that got defeated by Sakiko who's #3. 

Maybe her team had a slump. She thought. She had the #1 Setter so she'll be okay this year. But she also defeated #2 Ace. Really interesting. I can't really figure out what makes Sakiko Shimamura ranked at the Top. She looks at all her passing techniques, spiking techniques, and serving techniques but couldn't find a suitable and reasonable answer. She sighs as she watches the film. Feeling like a migraine is forming in her head. 

As the game for done, Coach Ichika stops it and turns on the lights. The 3rd years were stretching their arms as the 1st years were trying to hold each other up from falling asleep. 

"Okay, now that we got that out of the way." Coach began from taking out a paper and started reading it. "Our next big event is the Training Camp at Shiratorizawa Academy." Mai and the 3rd years beams as Miyuki looked at them confused. "This is a 5-day training camp and is at the end of August." 

"What's a training camp?" Miyuki whispers to Aratani who answers. "Where players and schools come together and play volleyball. Don't worry, this will be fun."

"But," Coach Ichika continues on. "I had a call with an assistant Coach from a V.League Team." The whole room is now filled with gasps as the 1st years were thrilled. 

"Oh, really? Who??" Seika bursts. 

"Bakeneko--" 

"Tigers?" Miyuki finished before Coach Ichika nods and smiles. 

"Oh right," Mai came to realization. "the Head Coach proposed a training camp for 3rd year girls in high school."

"Oh, who's going then?" Namika asked, knowing that Coach Ichika wouldn't be saying this without having other news. 

"Mai." Coach Ichika smiles as the room went silent before it burst with questions and reactions. 

"Wah!! For real!" Hina gawks at Mai who was getting excited. The 3rd years were shoving her playfully as Aratani congratulates her and Miyuki was stunned. 

"When do I leave?" Mai asked as Coach Ichika gives her the paper. 

"She'll be gone the day before the training camp in Miyagi but will be at the school on the last day." She explains as Mai and the 3rd years were reading the paper. The others crowded around her to read as well.

"Wow." Mai blurts out. "I am not a fan of the Bakeneko Tigers but this is a good opportunity." 

"You should go." Fumiko encourages. 

"Right! You can meet other girls from the other prefectures." Shizuka agrees. 

"Plus," Kairi pats Hekima's back. "We got her so, don't worry about us." Hekima smiles and tries to make Mai feel better. 

"Mai-senpai, I will set our teammates the best I can." She vows as Mai smiles. 

"Alright." Mai stands up but turns to Miyuki who was behind everybody. She didn't really need to be close since she's more taller than the rest. "Hey, Foreign Ace." 

Miyuki hums in response as the others look at her. She's fiddling her fingers and had curiosity in her eyes. Mai smiles. "Do you want me to get autographs or something?"