Ch.26 Boundaries

Normal POV

Sakusa and Miyuki walks home alone while Aratani and Komori are getting something at the convenient store. Miyuki sighs loudly and Sakusa notices. So he cut the silence to kill the awkward feeling he has in his chest.

"I'm sorry for going to you." Miyuki looks up at him and then shakes her head.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to draw any attention because my teammates, especially the 1st years are eager to ask about you. They are fangirls after all." Miyuki sighs, remembering the million questions they asked on the bus. All she wanted to do was sleep and listen to music.

"Why did he walk over to you, Miyuki-san?"

"Why did he spray you?"

"Are you guys a thing or something?"

"No, it's a misunderstanding. I have him for class and he's an acquaintance of mine."

"Can you introduce us to him?"

"What did he smelled like?"

"Why didn't you tell us, Miyuki-san!?"

Miyuki furrows her eyebrows before standing in front of her house. She takes off her mask only to be close to Sakusa again. Her face is literally close to his jacket as she backs up to see his bare face.

"It won't happen again." He sounded disappointed and Miyuki can tell. She then remembers what happen to her and her ex in America. He said the same thing and it took her 3 months to understand what happened. Miyuki gave him a sad look and she can feel her heart pounding, remembering the pain.

"Wait." Sakusa looks up in her eyes and found that her eyes are getting shinny. He realizes she'll cry but he didn't know what's going on. "We're still friends after, right?" Her voice ended a little shaky.

"Of course. What's wrong?" He then felt worried as she wiped her eyes so her tears won't fall down her cheeks. "I understand that you hate people that pry and I'll not be next to you during those gatherings."

"Okay." She tried to calm herself down. "I-I thought you would distance yourself away from me because that's what happened in America."

"I won't." He then looked straight into her eyes and moved her hands away from her face. His curly strands touched her bangs and Miyuki breathed silently. "You are the only girl I think who's clean enough and is taking care of her health. I would disinfect anyone's eyes and mouth who say otherwise." Miyuki giggles and turn her head slightly.

"Thank you for that." Miyuki mutters for Sakusa to hear. "May we set some boundaries so this won't happen again?" Sakusa stands up straight and nods.

"What are the boundaries?"

"We can talk like this only after Volleyball." Miyuki states. "I want you and I to focus on Volleyball first so we can draw less people. The only ones who knows that we're talking to each other is Komori and Aratani." He nods in understanding.

"But what about you talking to other guys?" Miyuki tilts her head and remembers what happened before the incident.

"I met with my childhood friends: Keiji Akaashi and Kozume Kenma." She smiled slightly which made Sakusa annoyed. "I bumped into Keiji-kun first until Bokuto-san, Kuroo-san, and Zume-kun came along." Seeing his reaction, Miyuki felt like he's about to kill someone which made her scared. "We only talked and well..." She trails off and Sakusa knows why.

"That's why I disinfected you. You didn't even have your mask on." He complains as pursed his lips which Miyuki thinks it's adorable. Is he jealous? I'm not sure yet.