Ch.57 Qualifiers

~Timeskip~

Sakusa's POV

Today, I'll be the Ace who'll lead my team to Nationals. As the 1st representative of Tokyo. I'm glad Beautiful Snow's germ of a Mother flied back to her disgusting place in the US. But, she told Beautiful Snow to not come spend time with me in my house. And she met my parents!!! 

MY...PARENTSSS!!!

Shortly before her flight, Mother said that she made a quick visit. Saying that she's Minari Kageyama, Miyuki Shimotsuki's mother. 

"Oh? My son's girlfriend's mother?" Mrs. Sakusa placed 3 cups of tea before sitting down next to Mr. Sakusa who was observing Mrs. Minari Kageyama's features and movements. 

"Yes." Minari nods her head after thanking her for the tea as she sips it. "I'm sorry to not have met you both after you met my daughter. I was tending to some family businesses in Miyagi and this is the only time I have before my flight this evening." 

"Oh, it's nothing at all." Mrs. Sakusa politely waved it off. "Now we know where Miyuki-chan gets her features from." 

"Kiyoomi and Miyuki-san are at school." Mr. Sakusa states. "Would you like to wait for them to be done with volleyball?" 

"Oh no." Minari raised her hand. "I'll just be going to the airport with Miyuki and her Auntie who lives around the corner. It's a great opportunity to meet Sakusa's parents. I must say, he does have your stature and personality, Mr. Sakusa." 

Mr. Sakusa hums in response and crosses his arms as usual. "Out of all my children, Kiyoomi's got future with volleyball. His siblings are much older which allowed them to start working. He grew to be mature and committed to anything he does which I'm proud of." 

"Don't forget his germaphobic ways, Anata." Mrs. Sakusa gingerly and smiles, making Minari uncomfortable because of their marriage. "My Omi's a bit more cleaner than Keita-kun." 

"Oh, how much kids do you both have?" Minari asked, rather curiously. 

"4." Mr. Sakusa replied, being formal as ever while Mrs. Sakusa nods. "Our eldest son, Keita, is in his late 20s. Our 2 daughters are in their early, mid 20s. And as you know, Kiyoomi's the youngest."

"Does Miyuki have any siblings too?" Mrs. Sakusa, being friendly and curious about her son's girlfriend's childhood more after meeting her. 

"No." Minari shakes her head. Well, she did leave the part where she put Miyuki's half-brother up for adoption when she gave birth in America. "However, my boyfriend and I are thinking about taking the next step further. He has 3 sons which would make Miyuki have 3 brothers. Me and Miyuki's Father got divorced when Miyuki was 8 and he passed 5 years later."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Mrs. Sakusa cuts in. "It must've been hard raising her alone." 

"Yes, but both of us can have a family now." Minari smiled. "After Miyuki graduates, she'll come back to America." 

"Would my son and you daughter commit to a long-distance relationship?" Mr. Sakusa raised an eyebrow. "Well, it's up to their choice. I would not force my children into anything but I will step in for lectures." 

"Oh my," Mrs. Sakusa murmured. "I don't think Omi would want Miyuki-chan to live far away from him. He must propose to her quick after college so she can live with him, Anata." 

"It's up to them." He repeats and looks back at Minari who was startled by their small conversation. Unfortunately, she wanted them to know that Miyuki would leave Kiyoomi for 4 years and maybe more if she can convince them. Now that Mrs. Sakusa brought up marriage, it was a stressful obstacle for Minari since she did not want her daughter to marry either since her marriage was bad with Miyuki's Father. "Miss Kageyama, I would want to hear your motives before returning to work after hearing a little about Miyuki-san's pass."