Ch.65 Jarring Aftermath

Miyuki's POV

This pain is so annoying~~~

I'm twisting and turning in my bed. I had to stay at home because the athletic trainers said so for speedy recovery. It's BS! I have school work! I have grades I need to uphold if I want to get into a college in America as an International student!

I couldn't come back for the whole week. 5 days!!! Yep, I'll need to cram

I begged Aunty not to call my mother. Fearing that I'll be lectured on playing volleyball and moving back to America with her after this year.

"Aunty pls don't. It's just a concussion." I pleaded on my bed as she placed a tray of breakfast on the night stand. "I'll be out for 2 weeks at most." She sighs and sits on my bed.

"Minari is a stubborn cousin." She replies. "She would know what's wrong with anything even if you don't tell her anything. I couldn't even hide my boyfriend from her even if I tried. Miyuki, I'm only your godmother. And I promised her to take care of you until you graduate but I should always check in with her of how you're doing."

I sighed and pursed my lips. And then nod to her. It won't help anymore as I looked at my phone next to me as I sit up for pillows supporting my back. My phone's screen had messages from the gc, Aratani, Komori, Keiji-kun, Tobi-kun, and Zume-kun.

And nothing from Kiyo-kun.

I wondered if he'll stop by. He didn't reply back to my message that I've sent before the game.

I didn't want to look at my phone. My head hurt like hell. I couldn't stop twisting and turning--tryna get comfortable. Trying to sleep. I feel like I have insomnia.

It wasn't until Friday have I replied to everyone's texts.

T🏐bi-kun | Jan 8

"I watched you play. You did amazing, Miyu-chan."

"I hope it wasn't a severe concussion."

Miyu-chan | 2:25

"You played amazing too."

"Same. Btw, I hope Hinata's fever is gone."

T🏐bi-kun | 9:02

"That Boke will never learn to take care of himself."

"I told him his energy will get the best of him."

I then start reflecting on what happened. During the game. We were down in the second set, barely winning as the score was very close all the way up to 24-26. The other team's persistence was similar towards ours. And that was risky and entertaining to watch. I could tell the team were trying to scramble every play. It sort of made me want to yell out and said leave it and cheer louder. But I held my composure until we would win. I twisted my neck in order to crack the joints near my spinal chord because my neck was tensing up.

I remembered it was a long rally again. The ball going back to back on the court--no longer than 4 seconds. The ball touched Seika's hands and I went to dive for it. I didn't know she was going to over reach---turn with her left leg outwards to step and bump it up. But when I saw her knee pad, it was too late to dodge. During the impact, I felt a stretch in the back of my head--spin around---black out.

Was I being dramatic? Nah! Our defense was set up correctly. Would I be able to spike if I didn't dive for the ball? Idk. If I saw it, I'll go for it. But if others call me off, then I lay off. Accidents are so complex. They make you wonder who is to blame. I'd say I blame myself. I sighed as I stand up and washed my hands after eating. Looking in the mirror: