Ch.11 Ace Mode

Sakusa's POV
What the hell was that?? Signals??? This girl uses signals? What did she learn in America? Was it even volleyball? Was she a setter?? Do I have a challenger? Do I see her as a threat? No can't be, she's a girl, she can't play in the Boys League. Well, she is a threat now. The only threat. 

Questions runs through my mind as I waited for the serve. 5-2 and we're losing. Stay calm, not even at 20 points yet. 

Since she's in the front row, might as use this opportunity to Kill their defense.

Bring it to me. The serve, the set, the block, everything.

~~~~~~~~~~

Baam!! Bamm!! Swoosh!! Poohh!! Badum!! Tweeett!! 

Miyuki's POV

I do not expect us to win. The only thing that matters is if you do your best in every point. I felt sweat drop down my forehead. Disgusting. I took a deep breath and exhaled.

The score's 19-24 Set 1

Sakusa's spikes are killing us. However, I enjoy trying to receive his spikes. It gets you all fired up. Even if I don't get it, I always want to at least touch it to say I'm here and almost there. Light a 🔥 under my ass. Every kill he gets, I make it up for the team to get aces and block outs. But I can't keep doing that forever. Even if they are Boys, taller, faster, and stronger, I want to crush any team's weakness.

In America, we go after a Team's setter in order for the Libero or anyone else to get the 2nd Contact. Serving where they come out of. And putting chance balls in the Setter's zone.

It worked to get us some points however, Sakusa's spikes and some of our service errors or receiving errors are giving them back points. It can happen to any team.

I notice when I'm in the front row, Sakusa would target the Left back and Middle back where Fumiko and Shizuka is. Never once hitting the ball to me. It began to annoy me. I want the ball more than anyone else.

Even using the back row attack I try to square up to it but it usually hits my arms and goes somewhere else. In order to change it to where Mai-senpai is then I have to tilt my platform and shoulders. Just gotta be patient.

Sakusa's serves are killing us. I recalled an article about his ability to spike, his flexible wrists. His equal is Ushiwaka from Miyagi. The #3 Ace. I want to meet him. He seems cool. He's a 3rd year at Shiratorizawa and he is symbolized as an Eagle. Really cool nickname. 

It was Sakusa's serve as it would be my serve next. Shizuka, Fumiko, and Namika are receiving. I can feel the fear and pressure because this is game point. The moment that Seika came in, that shifted our momentum for the blocks and defense. She would flinch or move her hands because she's scared of wounding her acrylic nails. 

Really? Why play with acrylic, fake nails when you have nail polish? Why even be a regular if you won't do your job as a Middle Blocker? I sighed to myself as I waited for the whistle to be blown. Sometimes, what my teammates, my underclassmen do immature actions which causes me to move away since they're touching each other which is weird. 

Are you girls? Sometimes, they are fun and I enjoy hanging out with them but they are too playful. When playing volleyball, I don't know if they are really alright because usually Seika would do crazy motions when passing or receiving a ball. I would sweat drop or look at her deadpanned because it was dramatic. She would just laugh while I would sigh and smile a little and just shake it off. 

But, this isn't where girls can be scared in front of Boys. If you are, then go back to the bench. Why are we even having this practice match if we're just gonna be more feminine now? The gym is for volleyball. When you step inside, you leave every distraction at the door. 

I turn to look at Sakusa. He does his jump serve and Shizuka struggles to get it. It was going to hit the wall as I was faster than Namika who stops as I jump and bump it high and towards the court. I slapped the wall as I turn to see Fumiko sending it over.

"Chance Ball!!" Komori receives perfectly as Iizuna sets Sakusa for a back attack. Kairi went up to block this time. Then I saw it. His wrist!!

I jumped last minute away from the net. Doing a soft block. It looked like he had a view of Shizuka who was ready to receive the ball (try) but my hand came into view in front of Shizuka's face. Surprisingly, the ball ricochets off my finger tips. "Touch!" But Shizuka dives to get it up as I turn around and dropped my hands.

The Boys took the 1st Set.

Sakusa's POV

I rubbed my chin with the back of my hand. She's really bold. That last point would've been a no touch kill. I'm impressed. Not even my senpais is that bold to try and receive my spikes. Except for Komori. Seeing her touch that. Did she see it coming??

We switched sides and I started to drink my water and wipe my face. This sweat. I wanna take a shower. Komori felt fired up. "Did you see Shimotsuki-chan? She was literally trying to receive your spikes."

"I really thought she was going to block you." I furrowed my eyebrows as I look towards Miyuki who was putting tape on her fingers. I must've spiked her fingers. She tapes her left pinky and ring finger along with her right pointer and middle finger and thumb.

Did I hit her that badly? I raised an eyebrow as Komori watches as well. "Are you worried?"

"I'm not." Bluntly states as I look away. Komori just smiles.

"No time for playing around." I closed my eyes and refocused. "Even if this is a practice match, against girls, I would not pity them. I'll treat them as Boys." I said while standing up and going back to the court. "I wouldn't say 'you poor things'. It really sucks and why would they go up against us anyways?"

Beautiful Snow, I wonder why you of all people want to become the Ace. Want to face the Ace. Want to see the Ace in action. I am right here. The #1 Ace.