Ch.67 New season💔

Miyuki's POV

You've promised me you'll understand!

Fire burned in me. In my heart! This feeling is overwhelming. I sobbed in my pillow, curling and shaking and gripping the sheets.

Aunty wasn't home, she's on her way to pick up Mother from the airport. I don't know why she is wasting a flight ticket for herself. I traveled to another country before. I don't need her presence. But no, she lands today. The day after Kiyo-kun's words broke me even more.

"W-Wait, w-what??" I stammered as I stared wide-eyed at Kiyo-kun who's eyes were stern like how we first met. "Kiyo-kun, it's been 20 months. I-I don't want to break up with you." I felt awkward standing inside his clean room as he went to sit at the foot of his bed. "You said you promise to understand how I'm going to live for the next 4 years. I'm confident that we can make this a long-term relationship."

"But I don't, Beautiful Snow." The seriousness in his voice was killing me softly. I searched his black orbs for any softness. "I can't understand how you would still go back with your Mother. To that ex of yours. You'll be an adult after graduation. Why must you need to depend on them.?"

What the..heck??

"I know you may have a fuckin full-ride scholarship to college, but I only have partial sports scholarships including academic ones. What do you mean I depend on them?" I glared at him and frown. "I told them to not help, only when I need it. I told Mother's new husband that I'll ask for help if I need it. Again, I am not in love with [ex/n] anymore! You of all people should know that."

"Even so, we'll both be busy, Beautiful Snow." He pressed on, making the fire in my pit flicking uncontrollably. "I am a realist. And having a relationship will only distract me and even you. Please understand why I'm breaking up with you."

"After Nationals. After the championship---" My breath hitched because I'm holding back my tears. "Everything that we've done was to get by high school? After last year? Was it just to by pass time? Kiyo-kun please, I want to play volleyball and still be with you."

"Beautiful Snow, be reasonable." He sighs and furrows his eyebrows. "Think about your well-being for once. You literally had a shoulder sprain after the Interhigh Nationals Championship. You had a sore throat during the Qualifiers but you still played. You still put extra time in practicing--you never thought for once to take care of yourself. You never learned from the concussion, Beautiful Snow. What happens if out of no where you get into an accident when playing volleyball, and all you think about is me and not being 100% clear to play again? I'll distract myself if it was me."

"You never know, Kiyo-kun." I pressed on, tears threatening to fall out. "And I'm grateful for you to always be by my side through everything, since I attended Itachiyama. I'm happy with you. Would you admit you feel the same way? Please, just spend time with me before I leave."

He stands up and it looked like he was furious at my words. "What about me? You've forgotten that I need to leave to move into the university before you. I need time to adjust to college." He sighs before running a hand through his hair. "I'm breaking up with you because it's for your own good and for my own good as well. If you can't see that then it's not my problem if I already accept it."

I gasped as the tears came running down my cheek, my heart aching badly as I instinctively ran to him, wrapping my arms around him and bury my eyes on his chest, muffling my cries as he didn't hug me back.

"Hug me!" I cried. "One last time! Kiyo-kun, please!" I begged as he slowly did. He lifted my chin and kissed me as I couldn't stop the tears that's wetting his face. But I heard him, breathing uncontrollably as he planted kisses over my face, cupping my cheeks before pulling away. I watched, with blurry vision as he backs away.