Ch.52 Pressure & Pain

~Timeskip~ Day 4 [Dinner]

"Hey! Hey!" 

Miyuki turns her head away from Sakusa as she sees a girl that looks like Bokuto. She smiles widely as Fukurodani girls gasps. 

You can hear loud choking sounds from a few tables across the cafeteria as Bokuto staggers up and runs to the girl. "Kisa-Kisa!! Hey! Hey! Hey!" He gives her a bear hug as I see Mai and the other girls entering. Aratani smiles across the table as Komori was siting next to her. 

"Mai's back." Miyuki nods as she looks at the shortest girl at the entrance. Miyuki observes her appearance as to her team's table. 

"Akari Wohi." Miyuki murmurs and turns to Sakusa who hums in response as he watches her, observing every action Akari makes. "She's short." 

"Of course." Aratani chimes in. "Natsumi is Akari-san's sister afterall." 

"Tani.." Komori trails off as Aratani turns to him and shrugs. 

"It's true though, Motoya." She defends as she promised him that she would back off and just let it go. She knows that Komori likes Natsumi since they were friends since Middle School. She didn't like that because she has feelings for him and is basically afraid that he'll pursue that girl who's shorter and better at being Libero. To her content, Natsumi isn't there since she's keeping her twin company. 

Miyuki and Sakusa were nonchalantly watching them as Komori gave a little sigh before finishing up his food. Miyuki shoots a warning look at Aratani and she got the idea. Miyuki half-watched the 2 since it gave her butterflies in her stomach as Aratani leans closer to Komori and nuzzled into his shoulder. She whispered something softly as he relaxed his shoulders and moved his shoulder to move his arm around her as she cuddled with him while he ate. Miyuki sees a blush creeping up on his face as she turned away. But that was a mistake. 

Across the way, her gaze just fell on Akari who was taking food from Ushiwaka's tray and he was just looking at her with a warm smile. Miyuki then felt hot breath near her covered ear as she gives Sakusa a side glance. 

"Will I get an apology like that, Beautiful Snow?" He whispers as Miyuki's cheeks are getting sore as she tried focusing on finishing her miso soup. She can feel his smirk as she scoffs before eating a tofu. 

"Only if I do something wrong." Miyuki replied with confidence that she wouldn't do anything to hurt Sakusa as he chuckled softly. 

"Get a room you too." Komori teases as Aratani giggles after watching them. Miyuki knits her eyebrows and puffs her cheeks while Sakusa gave them a poker face. 

"You first, Komori." Sakusa remarks as this sends Komori a blushing mess as Aratani was teasing him now. Miyuki laughs a little but her own smile was making her cheeks sore. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miyuki's POV

The final day is where Boys now play against the Girls. Mai's return was a good thing because we want to play against any team with our best lineup. 

And I'm a bit excited and a little nervous because of our opponents. I looked at the white board after coming inside the Boys Gym. Aratani gasps as it reads: Itachiyama Girls vs Shiratorizawa Boys.

"Welp." Aratani blurts out as I don't know how they play. "Tape your fingers. Tape your wrists. Frick, tape everything." She says that as a joke but I know she's dead serious. I wouldn't want to have broken fingers or wrists at a time like this. "Mai! We need to borrow tape!" She turns as I followed her up to the spectators section where I waved at Zume-kun and Keiji-kun who just came inside the gym as well.