Ch.14 Icebreakers❔

Miyuki's POV

I looked at the time as it's 2:03. I'm hungry. After showering I put on an oversized black sweater with a golden claw mark and its logo. This is my Father's sweater and it hides the ice pack that was taped on my hips. It's a good thing I brought my bag instead of my duffel.

Aratani helped me as we went out of the gym. Coach came back and told us we're off tomorrow and told me good job today. I nodded as we both went to the entrance of the school.

I was going to go home and visit someone since it's a Saturday. I put on my mask and let my hair air dry because it's a little warm.

Then Aratani stopped me as I looked and see Komori and Sakusa walking towards us. I furrowed my eyebrows because I don't want to see him after what Aratani told me.

Flashback

"He was staring at you when you made an awesome play. Like his eyes were wide open and when you turn your head to give that side glance which makes you look like a bad ass bitch, I can see that he was smiling. Like in a weird way." Aratani describes as I was washing my hair.

"How weird?"

"Like it felt like he's eyeing out something like prey."

"Prey!?" I raised an eyebrow and rinse my hair. "Ridiculous."

"Komori said that if there's something a player that he thinks will be a threat, then he'll ask a lot of questions saying he is a pessimist and would be better safe than sorry."

"Oh. But not a prey, that kinda means that I am small and vulnerable." I said with my neutral tone but with a little annoyance. Aratani chuckles nervously.

"Ah, sorry Miyuki. But when recalling what Komori said about threats, you were technically a threat on our team. I feel like he's going to ask you questions so be prepared." Aratani said with a smile.

I started to massage my face with soap to get the sweat and oil off my face. "No matter how hard you prepare, you won't be ready for everything."

"But, if he's going to be asking a lot of questions about my life and volleyball. A little bit too personal, I would shut him out completely." I sighed as I started to wash my shoulders.

"Why shut him out?"

"He'll be acting like his fangirls. Being noisy and trying to sniff out the stories that only he wants to know." I grunted, remembering the Fangirls.

"Komori said he's like that but please give him a chance. You might become friends, who knows. You too might even understand one another." Aratani reassures as she grabs her towel.

I hummed in response. I wrapped the towel around myself. "Alright, but I won't expect anything sporadic. If my expectations are high, I can only get small results." I walked to my clothes as Aratani listens to me.

"He's actually not all talk and can sure without a doubt walk the walk. Really intriguing to rarely find some guy like that. Might as well then."

Flashback ENDS

ll I want to do it lay down and get these ice packs off of me. I'm not really in the mood with seeing him. Hearing that he's staring at me while playing kinda weirded me out. My heart is beating so fast rn. It's really making my cheeks hot and sore.

"Tani-chan." I said lowly as Komori and Sakusa headed our way. "I want to go home and rest." I pleaded as she looks at me and nods in understanding.