Ch.63 Our Spring's In A ❄️Veil

"It looks like the Opposite Hitter for Itachiyama is having a cramp in her calf after securing the first set."

"Oh no!" Mrs. Sakusa cringed at the screen.

~~~

"I'm okay, help me up." Namika reassures as Kairi and Mai helps her up slowly, groaning at the tightness in her calf. "At least we got the point, heh." 

There's this bad feeling growing in my gut as we switched sides for Namika to sit on the bench. Coach spoke to the refs as our Athletic Trainer from school came up to us and took a look at Namika's calf. 

"Okay girls." Coach got our full attention. "Mai your starting in the back row. Hekima, you'll take the 2nd contact when Kairi and Seika serves." She paused and sighed, noticing a sympathetic look, placing her hands on her hips. "It hurts for a Coach to lose a player during a game. And I know how Sakiko makes this game all too emotional. You all did fine without her this entire season. Now, I'm proud of all of you. And I think we can win a championship like the Boys this season. You all shouldn't stop here. Let's finish this set so we can prove to everyone that the Interhigh National Championship should've been ours."

"Alright!" Kairi and Aratani said in intrusion as I smiled with fire in my eyes. I put down my towel and held my fist in the center of the team to start our cheer. Kairi followed and the rest did too.

~~~

Sakusa's POV

Beautiful Snow's playing at the end of the gym.

I really want to see her. How I wish she could watch my game. I know she couldn't for the first game today because she had to watch Geba with the team.

I understand that. It's just, she worries me so much. Having mild aches like does she not take care of herself after yesterday?

I'm really proud of how far she came. Proud of her being my girlfriend. Proud of her going into Nationals with me.

I placed my towel around my neck and casually looked off onto the other court. Karasuno's main weapon. Collapsed.....

I turned towards my team, crowding around Iizuna.

And then to the score board. We just went into our 3rd set. Our coach calling a timeout to talk with our 2nd string setter.

If Beautiful Snow was here. She would definitely worry and have anxiety. If only she could see me play instead of watching other schools.

I shook the thought away. Knowing she loves me. I will do everything I can to prove that I'm worthy of being here. I will do my best so I can meet you halfway.

Beautiful Snow

~~~

"Damnit!" Miyuki cursed under her breath to the court.

The whistle blew as she can hear Geba cheering. Her sweat made her arms slippery which made the court a bit wet before getting up.

"Ugh!" Hekima grunts in frustration. The team pants heavily as they walked off to the side of the court. Miyuki touched Hekima's arm with hers as they walled together.

"It's fine. That's my spot I was supposed to protect."

Hekima dipped her head. Coach clapped her hands as the regulars sat down. Apparently, everyone was dipping their heads into their water bottles, jerseys, or towels.