Ch.12 Setter Mode

MIyuki's POV

I grabbed tape from my bag and wrapped the fingers that were hurting. His spikes can really break a girl's fingers. I am not scared of getting hurt. It's what athletes go through. At least I touched it, but still yet. 

"Miyuki." I looked up to see Coach and the rest of my team gather around and look at me. "What were you thinking during the 1st set? You seem to be thinking during the receive, defense, the serving, everything." I blinked as I finished taping my fingers. 

"I don't want to boss around you all." I bowed as I sound like a friend back in Elementary. "I'm sorry if I look like I'm mad at you after we don't score a point, I'm just thinking about how to counter-attack the Boys. I hope my signals for serving and attacking is doing ok. I prefer to go after the weakest receiver which is not Komori-san or Sakusa. When we started the game, they both were in the back row. Not to mention Sakusa, being the Ace, is starting in the back row receiving. Do you all might wonder why he's in the back row?" 

Kairi and Mai look at each other while Shizuka smiles. I hope that the 3rd years understand because I know damn well the 1st years won't since they are too busy staring at Sakusa whose already on the court. 

"Nicely said, Icy Ace." Kairi complements. 

"It sounds like you're calling me a mean person." I raised an eyebrow as Shizuka laughs. 

"We'll think of a nickname for you later." 

"Well, what are you suggesting we do in this set?" Mai asked while Namika and Fumiko look at me. I blinked and turn to the Boys who're on the court. 

"Just keep doing what we've always been doing in the 1st set but better. I'll find something to pick at in their formation but all we need to do is try and touch the ball, even if we don't get it. At least you touched it instead of dodging the opportunity to play volleyball and keep the ball alive." I said as the 3rd years and the rest of the team are amazed as they're eyes lit up. 

They squealed as I flinch and smile a little. The Coach even claps as she changes the lineup. "Since you've been a Setter in America, might as well change it up since we are in a practice match." I simply nod. 

"Will she be setting this set?" Mai asked. Coach shakes her head.

"She'll switch positions with Namika. You 2 can figure it out. I know you both can." I bow and then went on the court while Mai follows me. 

"Mai-senpai? I was thinking I can set you a few since you must be edging to spike." Mai looks at me confusedly.

"I would like to but when?" 

"When I am in the front row with Sakusa. But we can't do it all the time before they catch on." I whispered before showing her a hand signal. Luckily, she understood before starting in the front row while I start in the back. Communication is key to Volleyball. The ball can only touch you for a second. 

Sakusa's POV

What's this? Beautiful Snow is an opposite to the Setter. Wait. Is that my new nickname for her? I cannot let Komori know or else he'll pester me about it. 

Interesting. So she does play as a Setter. I wonder what tricks she has up her sleeves. My eyes are on her as she opens and closes her fingers. Maybe that's why she taped her fingers. To set better. 

She still has that same blank expression. But with that look, she looks dangerous. She gives off this chilly aura again but it wasn't in the 1st set. Where did that come from? The only time I felt that aura was on the first day of school.