Ch.62 Avalanche❄️

Miyuki's POV

They say: "Day 3 Hell" 

Because we play 2 games. It seems like what tournaments in America feel like I guess. During club season. So, I'm not so scared unlike the first years. 

After playing our game in the morning, we had a break until 3 in the afternoon. When all of Round 3 is done for both men's and women's. We're going to play the winner of the match that's gonna start but their warming up still yet. Coach told us we could sleep for, eat lightly, and then get warmed up at 2 in the storage room. 

I don't know who to watch! 

Tobi-kun and Zume-kun played great and awesome, I felt hyped up for the Quarter Finals. I'm not letting some Day 3 myth get to me. I've played 4 matches once in America in one day. This should be nothing. Kiyo-kun must be warming up for his first game today. I should get a spot away from our school section. Or should I sit there?

"Miyuki, are you gonna eat?" Aratani asked as she stands next to me in front of the board. She's in a sweater with joggers. "I'm going to watch my cousin play while I eat." 

"Oh, uh I'm going to watch Fukurodani play." I quickly made choice. "Nekoma's out so might as well rep for the Tokyo teams, right?" 

"I guess." Aratani shrugs which I scoffed at her reaction. "Well, have fun. Don't just sit and watch, you have to eat or else we won't have our Foreign Ace." She teased as I shook my head. 

"You should really eat something." My heart sent my chest hurting as I felt a shiver from my legs up. I looked behind curiously to see Kiyo-kun--in his mask and his usual poker face. "And why do we need to watch Fukurodani? Why can't you watch me? I'm before Fukurodani's quarter final match."

I felt the guilt trip and sighed. "Why'd you gotta eavesdrop for? Relax, the time you play slipped my mind." 

"How?" He asked and I felt a bit uneasy at his tone. 

"What's wrong?" I furrowed my brows as I faced him. "Was it me not watching you play? Kiyo-kun, I'm sorry if it is. I've never seen how Tobi-kun plays. I'm sorry if it offends you but I already have confidence that I'll see you play tomorrow." 

I heard him sigh as he blinks away. "It is." He turns around but craned his neck to look behind his shoulder. "Come. Let's eat something before my match." 

I sighed and walked to his side. I hope I get to see Keiji-kun tomorrow. And Tobi-kun. As I ate alone with Kiyo-kun, we were having our peace as I enjoyed it. My mind were surrounded by 'what if's': 

What if Tobi-kun's team wins the quarter finals?  

What if Fukurodani wins against Mujinazaka? Keiji-kun has to face Kiyo-kun again. 

And if Karasuno passes the Semi Finals, they'll face Kiyo-kun. The #1 Ace. 

What if I beat Sakiko? Then I'll face the Vixen Libero. 

What if I beat the Vixen Libero? Then I'll be in the championship where Father used to play. Center Court. 

"What are you thinking about?" 

I snapped out of it and continued to eat. "I'm just reflecting."

"On what?" I glanced to the side to see his black orbs staring back at me. Waiting for me to say something. 

I hummed after drinking juice. "What if scenarios. Nothing important." 

"You overthink, Beautiful Snow." I pouted and looked down at my food. I felt him leaning close to me and whispered. "That wasn't meant to offend you. But I'll make you stop overthinking after today. I want my reward first."