Ch.58 First Snow

Miyuki's POV

So, Keiji-kun is the 2nd representative and Zume-kun made it to Nationals. I get to see my childhood friends play volleyball. And Kiyo-kun since he's the 1st presentative. Amazing. (Sarcasm)

Mother went back and I usually get calls from her almost once a week. To see if I'm doing well. She never did that before but I just appreciate it for caring. Sometimes she brings up her time with [Ex's/n] family. Ew. I don't want to know anything of how he's doing.

We had a joint practice with the Boys. I started to move my shoulders in circular motions when we're doing a spiking drill before a practice match against the boys.

"I have a knot in my back." I concluded as Fuyumi looks at me worriedly, Mai sets up Kairi then Namika.

"I think you should go to the athletic trainers." Fumiko insisted as she went up to hit. I hummed to myself and massage my shoulder too. I've been practicing extra since I got invited to my first ever training camp where I'll be the only Itachiyama girl. It's a bit nerve racking but Kiyo-kun said it'll be fine since he and Komori are invited as well.

The All Japan Youth Training Camp. 

Sounds serious and professional. I can't wait to just play volleyball. That's why I've been getting some extra reps in after our practice. Aratani stays back with me to wait for Komori while sometimes, Kiyo-kun would get all worried about me which is cute because it let's me know how much he cares. 

"You've been at it for 15 minutes, Beautiful Snow." Kiyo-kun watches from the side, of the net while I was practicing my jump serve. "You need to pace yourself and keep your elbow up." He walks to me at the service line and nudged my right arm to give a point. 

"I just want to get it down before we go home, Kiyo-kun." I slowed down my breathing. I heard him sigh beneath the mask as I notice the worry in his eyes. "One more time."

"You'd said that 5 times." He points out. "Learning a jump serve doesn't happen in one night, Beautiful Snow." I sighed, feeling a bit disappointed but I agreed with him. "You don't need to do extra things. But if you are, then please watch yourself, Beautiful Snow. You tend to ignore physical pain as if it's nothing. I don't want anything to happen like last time."

His words lingered in my mind as I went up and hit. I over did my snap as the ball landed down the line. As I landed, I felt my shoulder blade clicking every time I move clench the muscles. As we were done, we played up to 25. I can feel Kiyo-kun's eyes on me the whole time and it convinced me that he'll tell me something about my shoulder. 

As we both are in the front row, he faced me behind the net before Iizuna went to serve and I acted as the Setter. "I'm going to need to teach you a lesson, hmm, Beautiful Snow." My heart raced for an unknown reason as I hummed in response. 

"About---this?" I went up and hit Namika's pass off his hands and out which he pursed his lips together in a closed line as I smiled before receiving Namika's apology for her pace. 

~~~

T🏐bi-kun | 6:58

You got invited too?

That's great, Yuki. I'll be seeing you at the camp then

After seeing Beautiful Snow's phone's lock screen, I just couldn't express how many question are floating in my head right now. 

Who is Tobi-kun? So he plays volleyball huh? And calls Beautiful Snow...Miyu-chan? What school? What year? What position? How do you know my girlfriend!?