Ch.13 Libero Mode

Sakusa's POV

She's full of surprises. Does she know how to receive my serves? In set 2?? My serve was a bullet. Did I not put enough spin on the ball? Did I went easy on her?? Did I??

Yep, she's going to drive me insane if I don't question her after this. How did she do that? I furrowed my eyebrows as I see her put her hands on her knees in the back row.

Questions flooded my brain as I couldn't really focus as the ball came to me. I received it perfectly as Iizuna-senpai sets it for me for a back attack.

Now, let's see if you can receive this.

I put the most deadliest spin I can do as it passed the blocker's hand towards the corner. The Libero dodges it, saying it out by her action. Really? When is my spikes out? Out of her imaginary reach.

Baam!!

I stared wide-eyed as I see a flash of black hair trying to change the balls direction. It went upwards as Miyuki dives on the court and rolls up to see where the ball went.

"Zuka-senpai!!"

The Libero covers her and sets Mai from the right side. Mai made it look like a spike but she does a feint last second as the Wing Spiker gets it up Iizuna sets me again for another back attack as I see Miyuki in the back row again.

Again

I slammed it to the other side of the court to her right, but she received it head on. Making herself fall backwards from the impact. I can't believe what I'm seeing. This girl is crazy!

The girls were screaming louder as Mai dumps it as Komori and Iizuna dives to get it but failed. I see Komori's look and Iizuna-senpai's look. Actually the whole team was astonished by Miyuki. I stared wide-eyed at her as she put her right arm in the air.

Her teammates cheered at her too. Couldn't believe what happened. Our coach made a timeout. 17-11

"#10," Coach thinks. "I've seen those eyes before." Iizuna-senpai furrows his eyebrows.

"What do you mean Coach?"

"What's her name?" Coach asked.

"Miyuki Shimotsuki." Komori responds.

"The cutie who just received Sakusa's spikes and serves?" My 3rd year Senpai asked as I quietly listen.

"Ah, Shimotsuki." Coach smiles as he turns and looks at her who is adjusting the tape on her fingers. "The look that she gave when Sakusa was serving, it's the same as her Father's when he was playing."

"Shimotsuki?" Iizuna-senpai asked. "As in Yukiya Shimotsuki?"

"Yes! He played for MSBY Black Jackals." Komori chimes in but his smile faded. "He passed after a few months out of retirement." Iizuna-senpai nods as the team started to murmur about it.

My memory of the game when I saw him play on TV was faded. All I could remember is that he was representing the #24 and was tall.

Still can't believe he's dead. I reminded myself to not pity her. Miyuki's seems ok with him being dead. So I wouldn't dare bring it up.

"Yeah, he was my senpai when I was a 1st year here." Coach recalls his days in Highschool. "He was our Ace who wanted everything. The serve, the spike, the set. Everything." He laughed a bit. "Brings back memories."

"Shimotsuki-chan is really out there." Komori spoke. "If anyone else is here watching, they'll easily point that out." I hummed as I looked at Miyuki who is on the court.