Ch.19 Seika's Idol

Seika's POV

When I was still in Dosho Middle School, my older sister Shizuka were friends with our Ace, Sakiko Shimamura. She was so cool and inspiring. I looked up to her when I played volleyball. I was a Wing Spiker after she and my sister graduated from Middle School and went on to Itachiyama. She told me that she's the Ace in training since Mako Abe was the 3rd year and one of the Top Aces in the country. More inspiring. I watched Sakiko and Mako Abe and there spikes before I went on into my 1st year in Highschool at Itachiyama. But, I felt my world shattered. Like my heart felt broken as I heard from Shizuka that Sakiko transferred to Geba High School in Osaka.

I heard that she went there to be more closer to Kitsune Osaka, which is a professional volleyball team in the women's league. She didn't say goodbye to me. Maybe it was because I was still in Middle school but it still hurts not to see your idol one last time, in person. As the tryouts for the girls team started, I notice a new face. Very new face.

My first impression of her were a mix of good and bad vibes from her. She has black and blue hair with icy blue eyes that made me shiver. I thought she was a first year too. But it turns out that this newbie was from America and a 2nd year. As she played, I couldn't help but feel like a rival to her. She was trying out for Wing Spiker as a regular. I couldn't believe what I was seeing as I watched her play. It was ridiculously incredible and I could not help but compare her to Sakiko. She was nothing like Sakiko and it bugs me to why and how is she different?? Is it that she played volleyball in America? Does she even care about us? It looks like the spotlight is on her. And I hate it. I got put as a Middle Blocker because of my height instead of a Wing Spiker, which I worked hard to become like Sakiko.

During the practice match against the Boys, I couldn't believe she didn't show any emotions to Sakusa. Like come on, you are a foreign girl and you're missing the picture of what a hot boy looks like from Japan. As she was diving on the court, I felt really surprised because she would have bruises or worse break something. That made me wonder, what are you thinking in Volleyball?

Were you laughing at us when we couldn't get 10 good receives from your spikes in like almost forever?

Were you hating us or looking down at us if we make a mistake and you get it back when you score?

Do you like us 1st years?

Why would you talk like that to Hina-chan?

She isn't a Setter and yet you tell her what to do just because you played a Setter before?

Are we supposed to listen to you now since you have these new foreign techniques and hand signs?

Will you, the New Ace, the replacement of Sakiko, be mad if we won't do our job and fail to get to Nationals?

Why are you even here??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aratani's POV

What the hell is Seika doing!? I got out of their way and stand next to Miyuki who was calm for some reason. It's frightening me. I just hope Seika doesn't say anything too personal. I hope Miyuki would just be calm all the way and not get triggered by what Seika's about to say.

Miyuki's POV

Only now she confronts me. It's been like a month and a few weeks already. It's almost the Inter High Prelims and now she's acting like this. She really is childish. As expected if you are that type of 1st year. I blinked and thought about what am I going to say. Be mature about it so she would understand it eventually. You know, being the smart and more mature one than the other is an advantage.