88.5

Chris POV

"My fucking chest is hurting." Marq sighed. "I feel like I am about to die."

"You are not going to die." He scoffed.

"I need some crack or something." I covered my mouth and he looked at me and we started laughing. "I am for real." I gave him the bowl of noodles. "Thank you."

"No problem, man I am sorry this happened to you." He shrugged.

"My mom was right. I should've just listened to her. I was either going to be my dad or I was going mentally stress myself into ruining my relationship."

"But from what you told me you are not like your dad, this isn't your fault."

"Then why does it feel like it. Why do I feel like this?" He looked at me and his eyes watered. "I hate this shit. This is not normal."

"I know it sucks, we all go through it. You are a great person, an amazing guy. Just don't let this shit change you because you are still amazing. Whatever you choose to do make sure that shit is from your heart."

"I can't be the same after this. My eyes are open. My mental is going to be different and I was so afraid of this. I don't wanna go through that or this." He wiped his face. "I can't eat noodles and cry bro. Slurping and crying ain't my thing." We laughed

"You are confusing me." We laughed. "You laughing and crying, I don't know what to do. You are acting like Nijay."

"Shut the fuck up."

"Now you really sound like her." He shrugged. "Nah though just dust yourself off. Don't let this shit keep you down for months, and don't let anyone trick you into thinking her doings are your fault." He nodded.

"I already cried for so long, this is months in the making. I just prayed that I was crazy and I was just making shit up." I nodded. "I am more mad at my self because I would have rather me been the problem you know what I am saying?"

"Yeah."

"I was trying to psyche myself out but like you said before, it all comes to the light. Everything just felt like it would get back on track this time. I don't know what I am going to do, we had plans. We had a system. I don't know man."

"Well I got a house or two."

"Or three or four." We laughed

"Nah but if you need to get your shit together you can stay there. Get that business presentation ready and let's get this shit started." He nodded.

"Hey can I talk to you?" Rain walked in and he sighed.

"I am eating." He waved her off.

"I am gonna let y'all talk." I made my way out the house and walked under the umbrella with Nijay was laying.

"He alright?" Nijay asked and I nodded and laid on the beach chair with her and wrapped my arms around her. "You tired baby?" I nodded and she turned around and snuggled up with me and played with my dreads

Rain POV

"Rain, I really thought I was fucking crazy." He sighed. "It is what it is and you did what you did and you can't take that back."

"But if I could I would."

"You can't." He said flatly. "You did it multiple times and you are gonna go home and do it again."

"No."

"Yes but guess what's it's okay."

"That's not okay Marq."

"Yes it is because you are single, the engagement is off. I am done with you." My mouth fell. "How did you not see this coming? Why are you so confused. Are you like really mentally challenged?"

"You are going to really end our engagement because of this? People cheat all the time."

I only made one mistake.

He looked at me like I was crazy.

"You really opened my eyes and now I see you how everyone else sees you." He just stared at me and it made me feel so disgusting. "I wish I never saw this." He laughed.

"What?"

"Wow." He took off the engagement ring I give him.

We had matching ones and I thought it was so cool.

"Don't do this Marq, please baby. Don't do this, it won't happen again. I promise."

"I don't trust you, I don't know you. You belong to someone else. You aren't all for me and too be quite honest you never were. I was wondering why you were over Chris and it was because you were under someone else." He shrugged. "You have pulled many... and I do mean many of my straws, you don't respect me as a human with feelings, you are very selfish all for me ass person and that is not a woman that I see myself marrying and building a life with, damn sure not having kids with because when you want something you will take every thing down with you so you don't have to deal with consequences. I am cool, you keep your ring and take this one back, sell it or pawn it, you hate it anyways right so don't act like it means something to you now." He laughed. "You single ring, go be with you sneaky link. I ain't even going to lie I am relief, I thought I was tripping, what I believed was true and one thing I can do is depend on myself and my instincts and intuition. Thank you so much for that."

"Marq please, I love you, I want you. Baby we had planned our life's together, what am I gonna do now." He shrugged.

"I suggest you use your degree that you don't know shit about because I did your work. Go be a vet, I am gone go do my thing, I'll pay the bills and shit until I leave but after you on your own. I have no bad blood for you in my body, I love you so much, too much actually." He stared at me for a second. "Damn Rain. I just- damn." He walked up the kitchen.

I really fucked up.