1

Delilah is sitting on the stairs as Aunt Marge bustles into the Dursley household, thrusting her umbrella at her younger brother, spraying him with rainwater as she does so and Delilah rolls her eyes.

"Don't you dare embarrass us today," Aunt Petunia says and Delilah glances at her Aunt, unimpressed and not fazed by her tone.

"You should have thought about that before wearing those shoes," Delilah says and her Aunt glares as Harry coughs to hide his amusement.

"Ugh," Marge says and Delilah watches as her little demon dog follows her.

"Uncle Vernon," Harry says. "I need you to sign this form"

"What is it?"

"Nothing," Harry says. "School stuff"

Delilah glances at the piece of paper, recognizing it to be Harry's Hogsmeade consent letter. She had tricked Aunt Petunia in her third year to sign it by hiding it under an essay she had written claiming that it needed a guardian to sign it so it could be formally marked and if it wasn't one of the Hogwarts professors would show up on the doorstep. Delilah had never seen Aunt Petunia move so quickly to sign a piece of parchment.

"Later perhaps if you behave,"

"We will if she does," Delilah says, walking to stand behind her brother.

Harry had grown over the summer, gaining a couple of inches on his sister who was five foot three and didn't appear to be growing any time soon.

"Ah, you two are still here are you?" Marge asks, disgust and contempt clear in her tone.

"Yes," Harry says, matching Marge's tone.

"Don't say yes in that ungrateful way!" Marge snaps. "Damn good of my brother to keep the both of you! They'd have been straight to an orphanage if they had been dumped on my doorstep"

Dudley laughs loudly at the television and Delilah rolls her eyes. The boy had become glued to the new television set Petunia had bought for her son a few weeks ago.

"Is that my Dudders? Is that my little nephie-poos?" Aunt Marge begins kissing Dudley's head but the boy's eyes remain firmly planted on the television screen. "Give me a kiss! Come on!"

"Take her suitcases upstairs" Uncle Vernon hisses and Delilah sighs, before grabbing a suitcase and Harry grabs the other.

"I hate her" Harry whispers and Delilah hums in agreement.

"It's only for a little while" Delilah whispers, placing the suitcase down on the floor. "Then we go back to Hogwarts. Just keep your mouth shut"

Later that night, Delilah and Harry were in charge of making the food, dishing it up, and then cleaning up the mess afterwards. Delilah grabs Dudley's plate that he had finished with and Aunt Marge stares at her hair.

"Her hair is such a ghastly colour," Aunt Marge comments and Delilah just ignores her. "Have you ever thought about dying it brown, girl?"

"No," Delilah says.

"Well, why not?"

"Because it'll make me look like I'm one of you," Delilah says, plastering a fake smile on her face. "And I don't know if you've looked in a mirror lately but-"

"Can I tempt you, Marge?" Uncle Vernon asks his sister before hissing to Delilah. "Go and wash the dishes"

"Just a small one, excellent nosh Petunia,"

"Actually," Aunt Petunia says awkwardly. " Delilah made it"

"Well I guess it was edible," Aunt Marge says, clicking her fingers at Harry.