39

The 1st of September had befallen them and it was time to return to Hogwarts. The pressure was on the twins, Delilah and Stuart as this was the year they had their NEWTS. The hardest exams they would ever have to take. Due to his coma, the ministry had decreed Cedric must return to resit his seventh year.

Sirius had decided that he would join the trip to the platform in his animagus form. Between Harry and Delilah, a large black shaggy dog trots between them occasionally nudging one of the siblings playfully.

"Padfoot. Are you barking mad?" Moody hisses at him as he barks at passersby. "You'll blow the entire operation"

Delilah's eyes follow the shaggy dog who trots his way over to the waiting room. The Potter siblings share worried looks when they see the shadow of a dog turn into a human. They rush forward, quick to close the waiting room door behind them.

"Sirius, what are you doing here? If somebody sees you-" Harry hisses. 

"I had to see you off, didn't I?" Sirius says. "What's life without a little risk?"

"I don't wanna see you get chucked back in Azkaban," Harry says.

"Don't worry about me," Sirius says. "Anyway, I wanted you to have this"

A faded photo shows a large group of adults, a few faces were familiar. James and Lily Potter, a young Delilah was in James' arms as Lily's hands cradle her growing bump. Sirius' face was youthful, a cheeky grin on his face as he stands next to Remus. Molly and Arthur Weasley were stood by two men who bore a striking resemblance to Fred and George.

"Original Order of the Phoenix. Marlene McKinnon. She was killed two weeks after this was taken. Voldemort wiped out her entire family. Frank and Alice Longbottom. Neville and Stuart's parents. They suffered a fate worse than death, you ask me. It's been 14 years. And still a day doesn't go by I don't miss your dad"

"Do you really think there's going to be a war, Sirius?" Delilah asks and Sirius nods.

"It feels like it did before," Sirius says. "You keep it. Anyway, I suppose you're the young ones now"

Harry exits the room and Sirius turns to Delilah, an expectant look on his face. The witch faces the man, confused about what his pointed expression was for.

"Can I help you?" 

"What am I supposed to do with loony in my house?"

"I didn't think that far ahead," Delilah says. "Just don't let her starve I guess. And be nice to her, you of all people know what it's like to feel crazy"

Sirius nods, not wanting to disappoint the girl.

"I want you to stay away from that Newton boy," Sirius says. "If his father is still hunting Banshees, it's highly likely he is too and you're the last one that they know the location of. Many Banshees went into hiding and never came back out"

"Surely he would have informed the Ministry I broke Meredith out?" Delilah asks.

"No because in your trial he would be outed to have killed all of those banshees and all his work would have been for nothing," Sirius says. "Now be careful alright?"

Delilah wraps her arms around Sirius who returns her hug. His hand came up to the back of her head as he holds her close.

"Now go on," Sirius says.

Delilah walks onto the train, looking for the compartment that contains her boyfriend and best friends when a grip on her wrist stops her.

"Where is she, Potter?" Theodore snarls.