33

When Delilah and Harry enter the modified quidditch stand, music was blasting from the brass band in the corner. The bleachers were packed with people. They were squashed so tightly in that they were reminiscent of sardines in a can.

Delilah was standing beside Harry who was twirling his wand nervously as he stares at the maze in front of him.

"Harry stop fidgeting," Delilah whispers.

"I'm sorry, who's the one going into the maze?"

"You start having an attitude with me, whatever's in that maze will be the least of your problems," Delilah hisses. "But if you show signs of weakness, one of them will make sure to pick you off before you even get close to winning"

"Earlier today Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory-"

The crowd cheer on hearing his name as Amos Diggory lifts his son's arm into the air.

"And Mr Potter tied for the first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum-"

The Bulgarian crowd goes nuts whooping and hollering. They were stamping their feet on the stands to create as much noise as possible.

"The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants gather around,"

Delilah wraps her arms around her brother, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"Winning isn't everything," Delilah whispers to her brother. "I need you to focus on keeping yourself safe. If you have to retreat there's no shame in doing that"

Harry nods, hugging his sister even tighter before pulling away. Delilah steps back from Harry but remains within the vicinity.

"Champions! Prepare yourselves" Moody calls.

Cedric hugs his father before jogging over to press a kiss on Delilah's lips. What neither of them notice is a red light illuminating both of their lips as they do so. But two people had noticed it; Albus Dumbledore and Alastor Moody.

"Remember to play your strengths," Delilah says to her brother and Harry nods.

"I'll look out for him," Cedric promises. "I'll look for him as soon as we go in"

"On the count of three- ONE-"

The cannon goes off which is followed by Mr Filch shrugging comically. Dumbledore groans in annoyance, the man had messed up the cannon every time. The two who were currently at a draw, Harry and Cedric, enter the maze at separate entrances which close up behind them instantly.

The whispers begin to sound in Delilah's ears, picking up in sound and intensity as the seconds tick by. Delilah's eyes scan the field for Dumbledore. She rushes in the Professor's direction with the intention of getting the man to stop the task. The voices were finally telling her a name which struck fear in her heart.

"Potter" Moody blocks her path to the headmaster.

"Professor Moody," Delilah says. "I need to see Professor Dumbledore, it's about the tournament"

"Come sit in my office Potter," Moody says. "You look like you're about to have a stroke or pass out. I'll call him there"

"They're in danger" Delilah whispers. "All of them. He's going to die. You have to help him"

Moody guides her into his office and flicks on the kettle with a wave of his wand.

"Who's going to die Potter?" Moody asks.