31

The library was almost empty as Delilah flicks through books on underwater magic, her eyes intently focusing to find something her brother could learn within the next few hours. Cedric was sat with them, helping them look for something Harry could use to stay underwater for an hour tomorrow.

"Harry, tell me again," Hermione says as she paces up and down.

"Come seek us where our voices sound," Harry says.

"The black lake, that's obvious," Hermione says.

"An hour-long you'll have to look"

"Again obvious, though I must admit potentially problematic," Hermione says and Delilah snorts.

"Potentially problematic? When was the last time you held your breath under the water for an hour Hermione?" Harry asks.

"Harry, who do you think you're talking to?" Delilah hits her brother upside the head. "She's trying to help you, don't be ungrateful"

The group were so intently focused on their research that they didn't notice Moody appearing at the end of the aisle until his voice breaks the silence.

"Hate to break up this scholar session but Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office. Not you Potter or Diggory, just Miss Potter, Mr Weasley and Miss Granger"

"But sir, the second task is only hours away and-" Hermione says.

"Exactly. Presumably, Potter is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep. Go. Now!"

Delilah stands in McGonagall's office, her eyes wide after being informed of what was to happen.

"Professor I mean this with all due respect but are you insane?" Delilah asks.

Stood with her were Hermione, Ron, and Fleur Delacour's younger sister Gabrielle. All of them had the same expression of shock as they processed McGonagall's words.

"Miss Potter you will be perfectly safe," Professor McGonagall says.

"This is ridiculous," Delilah says, shaking her head.

"Look Miss Potter just read the information sheet,"

Delilah takes the small booklet and begins to read the words on the parchment.

"Somnus" Professor McGonagall waves her wand.

Thuds fill the room as the three females and the one male lose consciousness and drop to the floor.

Delilah gasps, her head popping above the water before turning to see Cedric next to her in the water.

Draco helps pull Delilah out of the water as Seamus and Dean drape towels around her. As Delilah continues to shiver, Draco drapes his coat over her. Cedric who was also draped in a towel wraps her in his arms as Draco takes her cold hands in his much warmer hands. Stuart focused on wringing the water out of her hair as George checks her temperature.

Delilah watches as Hermione and Krum surface, then Ron and Gabrielle. But there was no sign of Harry. Delilah's eyes widen in worry as the minutes slowly pass by. A figure bursting from the water causes Delilah to let out a sigh of relief. Her legs nearly buckle as all the tension in her body fades away. Cedric and Draco were quick to catch the girl, gently helping her to the floor.

"Get him another towel," Barty says.

"I want all the judges over here now," Dumbledore says.

"Are you alright?" Draco asks.

"I'm just cold," Delilah says.

The blonde proceeds to wrap his arms around her, trying to shield her from the bracing breeze.