67

Delilah and Draco weave through the passageways of Hogwarts, avoiding the student population of Hogwarts. The witch had a ball of light glowing in her hand as they walk through the dark passageways that Delilah had memorised during her years as a student at the school.

The pair make sure no students were in the seventh-floor corridor of the building before walking to the large blank part of the wall. The duo stand there for a few seconds before the large black, ornamental door appears before them. Delilah pushes the door open and the pair enter before the door shuts behind them.

The duo wind their way through the towering shelves before Draco pulls the large piece of tapestry off of the vanishing cabinet which glints in the very limited light that seeped into the room. Draco reaches into his pocket and carefully removes a small white songbird from his robe pocket. The bird sits on the blonde's finger as the Slytherin studies the bird, gently stroking its feathers.

"Draco," 

The boy momentarily seemed lost in the simple activity of stroking the bird as he stares into the bird's coal-black eyes. But Delilah's quiet call of his name had snapped the boy from his trance and he gently leans down placing the bird in the cabinet. Small chirps come from the small bird as Draco closes the cabinet door.

Draco and Delilah quietly whisper the incantation under their breaths before opening the cabinet door. The small, white songbird was gone from the vanishing cabinet, leaving only a small white feather at the bottom of the cabinet. Draco picks up the feather and admires it in the light. The feather was gleaming in the light, fragile and translucent. 

Delilah closes the door to the cabinet once again. The witch waits a few seconds before opening the cabinet door. At the bottom of the cabinet was the songbird once again. But the bird's neck was twisted harshly to the left and the animal did not move once

"Well, the bird definitely made it to my aunt," Draco sighs. 

"Did you deliver the mead?" Delilah asks and Draco nods. "Good"

The duo parted ways, heading to their respective dormitories. Draco to his Slytherin dorms and Delilah to her staff-assigned accommodation. But her journey is interrupted by a firey piece of parchment flying towards her. Delilah sighs, catching the piece of parchment before unfolding it, her eyes scanning the contents of the small note. 

The witch bursts into her brother's dormitory. Harry was running his hands through his short strands of hair as Ron sits dopily on the bed. His face had a wide, lovestruck grin plastered across it. 

Delilah grabs the ginger boy's face, examining his eyes. The boy's pupils were blown as if he was high but it was also a side effect of amortentia ingestion. 

"Pass me the chocolates," Delilah holds out her hand and Harry places the box in her hand.

Delilah pulls one of the chocolates out of the box, lifting the small confectionary piece to her nose. A strong smell of woodsy aftershave fills her nose accompanied by the scent of honey and hot chocolate. 

"Amortentia," Delilah confirms with a sigh. "Let's get him to Slughorn"

The Potter siblings lead the Weasley boy towards the private chambers of Slughorn. The duo both had tight grips on the boy who seemed to have gained a tendency for wandering away from their selected route.

Delilah raises her fist and hammers on the door to Slughorn's office. A loud crash sounds from within the office which is followed by a string of expletives. Footsteps patter towards the door, increasing in volume before the door swings open revealing Slughorn in a green velvet dressing gown with a matching nightcap sitting on top of his head.

The source of the crash is revealed when the door opens slightly wider. An ornamental lamp was lying on the floor which was shattered with smoke emanating from the broken bulb. 

"Oh Potters, it's you," Slughorn's tone was wary as he stares at the siblings. "I'm afraid I'm quite busy-"

"This is involving a student's welfare," Delilah is quick to blurt. "I don't think it'd be a great look if I spoke to the editor of the Daily Prophet that I became friends with at the Christmas party you hosted if you refused to help a student in need. Ron has unfortunately ingested amortentia laced chocolate so we require your expertise to brew a remedy"

"Very well, bring him in," 

Delilah and Harry place Ron on the sofa that sat in front of the fireplace in Slughorn's office. The Professor in question was mixing a concoction of powders and potions into a goblet, with practised ease, as Ron peered into an ornate handheld mirror. 

Harry paces back and forth before he stops at Slughorn's 'collection' shelf. The shelf in question displayed all of Slughorn's connections in the wizarding world. There was a new addition to the shelf, a picture of Slughorn and the two Potter siblings. Harry had a tense smile on his face whereas Delilah couldn't have looked more bored and generally uninterested. 

"I'd have thought an expert potioneer like you, Harry, or your sister could have whipped up a remedy in no time," Slughorn comments. 

"I figured this called for a more practised hand," Harry responds.

"I haven't yet got enough ingredients to brew an amortentia remedy," Delilah comments as she stares at the picture of her mother.

Delilah could see her physical similarities with her mother. Their identical heart-shaped face with mildly broad foreheads and high cheekbones which narrowed following the lines of their faces. They had identical small chins with a slight point. Matching semi-thick natural eyebrows which resided above the only differing feature between the mother and daughter. Whereas Lily Potter had emerald green eyes that she shared with her son, Delilah Potter had almost golden hazel eyes that had a subtle ring of green on the edge of the iris. 

Delilah is snapped out of the examination of her mother's appearance when Slughorn raises an antique silver goblet that contained a lilac-coloured liquid that smelt similar to parma violet sweets which gave Delilah a slight sense of deja vu. 

"Alright, m'boy! Bottoms up!" Slughorn hands Ron the goblet.

"What's this?" Ron asks, eyeing the liquid in the goblet.

"A tonic for the nerves,"

Ron beams excitedly, raising the goblet to his lips before quickly swallowing the liquid and placing the goblet down. The ginger boy beams briefly but his smile quickly fades as his body sags slightly in posture.

"What happened to me?" 

"Love potion," Harry replies.

"And a bloody strong one at that," Slughorn huffs. 

"I feel awful," Ron groans. 

"I think we all need a pick me up," Slughorn says, picking up a familiar bottle which causes Delilah's eyes to widen. 

Delilah is quick to intercept the goblet that was being handed to Ron before chugging the liquid down. The witch feels the effect instantly. A pain blossoms in her stomach as her head spins, a bubbling sensation forming in her throat.

There was a thud in the room that caused the three males that occupied the space to turn around to locate the source of the noise. Upon seeing the auburn-haired witch lying on the antique rug, they immediately discovered that the source of the noise was Delilah. She was spasming violently on the carpet, her muscles twitching and relaxing in a way that was akin to a seizure. Foam was spilling from her lips as the colour drains from her face.

"Delilah!"