6

After receiving their timetables, the group of friends finds that they had a free period and head to the library. Madame Pince scowls when she realizes the Weasley Twins were allowed in the restricted section.

Delilah rushes to the filing cabinet as Stuart heads to find books on Banshees, Fred and Delilah begin rifling through the files and George decides to bother Madame Pince.

"Do you have any books on Turtles?" George asks.

"Hardback?" Madame Pince asks, a heavy scowl on her face.

"Uh yeah?" George says confused. "With little heads"

"She means do you want a hardback book," Delilah calls.

"She filed it by W and then first name" Fred groans before watching as Delilah quickly flicks through the files before pulling out Meredith's file.

"Here" Delilah and Fred sit with Stuart and George, all of who were reading their respective books.

MEREDITH WALKER

NAME: MEREDITH WALKER

BIOLOGICAL INFORMATION -

STATUS: ALIVE (B. 2ND OF FEBRUARY 1969)

AGE: 24 AS OF 1993

BLOOD STATUS: PUREBLOOD

MARITAL STATUS: N/A

SPECIES: WITCH - BANSHEE HYBRID

ALIVE FAMILY: N/A

CURRENT RESIDENCY - FOURTH FLOOR OF ST MUNGOS HOSPITAL

REASON FOR INCAPACITATION: MEREDITH WAS COMPLAINING OF HEARING VOICES AND IN 1984 WHEN SHE DIDN'T ARRIVE AT HOGWARTS ON THE TRAIN, A PROFESSOR WAS SENT TO HER HOUSE TO FIND MEREDITH LAY IN BED WITH HER MOTHER DEAD ON THE FLOOR NEXT TO HER, BLOOD POURING FROM HER EARS

MEREDITH WAS UNRESPONSIVE FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND WHEN SHE WOKE UP SHE WAS IMMEDIATELY INSTITUTIONALIZED

"Oh my God," Delilah says, placing a shocked hand over her mouth.

"What?"

"Meredith killed her mother," Delilah says and spins the file to show the others.

"I found this" Stuart says.

Sometimes the banshee assumes the form of some sweet singing woman of a family who died and has been given the mission by the invisible powers to become the harbinger of coming doom to her mortal kindred. Or she may be seen at night as a shrouded woman, crouched beneath the trees, lamenting with veiled face, or flying past in the moonlight, crying bitterly. The cry of this spirit is mournful beyond all other sounds on earth and betokens certain death to some member of the family whenever it is heard in the silence of the night. Many banshees hold the face of one who had died in the family many years ago or one similar to.

"You may hold the face of someone in your family," Stuart says. "A kind of Doppelganger"

"You can scan faces," George says, holding up a small stick and waving it in front of Delilah's face.

A ping sounds within seconds and a file rises.

EUPHEMIA POTTER

NAME: EUPHEMIA DELILAH POTTER

BIOLOGICAL INFORMATION -

STATUS - DECEASED (1918-1981) - AGE - 63

BLOOD STATUS - PUREBLOOD

MARITAL STATUS - WAS MARRIED TO FLEAMONT POTTER (1916- 1979)

SPECIES: WITCH-BANSHEE HYBRID

ALIVE FAMILY: HARRY JAMES POTTER, DELILAH LYDIA POTTER

"She looks a lot like you," Stuart says.

"I know" Delilah whispers, quickly ramming the files into her bag.

Delilah grabs the books and checks them out and they leave the library.

"What have we got first?" Delilah asks.

"Divination," Stuart says.

They get into the Divination classroom, if it can be called that, it didn't look like a classroom at all, more like a cross between someone's attic and an old-fashioned tea shop. At least twenty small, circular tables were crammed inside it, all surrounded by chintz armchairs and fat little pouffes. Everything was lit with a dim, crimson light; the curtains at the windows were all closed, and the many lamps were draped with dark red scarves. It was stiflingly warm, and the fire that was burning under the crowded mantelpiece was giving off a heavy, sickly sort of perfume as it heated a large copper kettle. The shelves running around the circular walls were crammed with dusty-looking feathers, stubs of candles, many packs of tattered playing cards, countless silvery crystal balls, and a huge array of teacups.

"Welcome," Professor Trelawney says. "How nice to see you back in the physical world at last. Today we are revising tasseography. Drink the tea and read your partner's leaves"

Delilah pours a cup of the heavily perfumed tea and begins to swill it before drinking it, leaving the dregs in the bottom before handing her cup to Stuart, and Stuart hands his cup to her.

"It's mush," Stuart says, glancing at the cup.

"You have a ring in the distance," Delilah says. "That means you'll be married and it has a sun above which means it'll be a happy marriage"

"Let me have a look at Miss Potter's," Professor Trelawney says. "My dear, you have the Grim, surrounded by coffins"

"What does that mean?" Stuart asks.

"It means that I'm going lose my loved ones. Or at least a lot of them," Delilah says. "But I take it with a pinch of salt. Trelawny is batshit crazy"

"Well isn't this a cheery start to the year" Stuart states.