41

The next morning, Delilah's face draws a lot of attention and rightfully so, the right side of her face was black and blue with bruising across her cheekbone and jaw where Theodore's hand had collided with her face.

"What the fuck?" The expletive falls from Cedric's lips when Delilah sits down next to him.

"It's nothing," Delilah says, turning her face away from Cedric who turns her face back.

"The hell it isn't," Cedric says angrily.

"Just leave it," Delilah snaps before allowing her voice to soften slightly. "Please"

Cedric huffs and Delilah knows that her boyfriend is going to do anything but drop it but she was glad he had for now.

Draco is quick to move to the Gryffindor table, ignoring the stares from students from every house.

"Did Umbridge do that to you?" The Malfoy heir asks.

"She wouldn't be sat there if it was," Delilah says, reaching over to grab the syrup for pancakes. "She'd be a pile of froggy pink ash"

"What is that?" Stuart grabs her hand, causing her to flinch at the contact.

"It's nothing," Delilah says.

"She can't get away with this," Draco says, inspecting the words inscribed into his friend's hand. "Blood Quills were outlawed years ago"

The skin around the words was red and inflamed, the cuts were scabbed over.

"As she said to me she has full rights, the minister placed her here and deemed whatever necessary," Delilah says. "Unfortunately, she literally is the law at this point. So unless we feel like committing crimes, it's going to be hard to get rid of her"

Fred opens his mouth to speak as Draco, George and Stuart look ready to agree with whatever Fred was about to say.

"No Fred," Delilah says. "No crimes"

"But-"

They are cut off by a shouting match in the corridor. Delilah gets to her feet and follows the noise, all of her friends following her.

"Pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" Umbridge asks.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices"

"Go off Minnie" Delilah mutters. "Maybe McGonagall will throw her from the castle window"

"That would be beautiful," Draco mutters. "It would be like a flamingo soaring through the air"

"Ugliest flamingo I ever did see," Cedric murmurs.

"Ah, you're all so mean now," Delilah sighs happily. "I love it"

"So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom Minerva"

They were using first names but the tone was showing anything but friendship and solidarity. The tones were pure ice and malice, cold enough to give you frostbite.

"Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods"

"She's amazing," Delilah sighs happily. "The other professors loath Umbridge"

"I am sorry, dear," Umbridge says. "But to question my practices is to question the Ministry and by extension, the minister himself. I am a tolerant woman but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty"

"Disloyalty" McGonagall nods, taking a step down.

"Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action"

"Why is McGonagall stopping the argument?" Draco asks.

"She can't protect us if she loses her job," Delilah replies. "She's got to approach this strategically and cautiously"

All Gryffindor students were staring at the platinum-blonde Slytherin boy that was sitting with the Potter siblings and their group of friends. They were all intently listening to the radio which was covering an interview with Cornelius Fudge.

"What's happened to Dumbledore?"

"Having already revolutionized the teaching of Defence Against the Dark Arts, Dolores Umbridge will, as high inquisitor, have powers to address the seriously falling standards at Hogwarts School. Dolores Umbridge will also be keeping a close eye on Delilah Potter who is still a possible threat to the students of Hogwarts-"

There's a loud snap as the quill in Delilah's hand breaks into two pieces. The auburn-haired witch sighs, throwing the pieces into the fire before slamming her head against the table.

Hermione points her wand and turns the radio off before they all hear a commotion from the courtyard.

"Can there not be peace for five minutes?" Delilah groans.

"Come on," Cedric drags a complaining Delilah by her hand.

They all rush down to see Professor Trelawney standing there and Filch handing her, her belongings.

"Sixteen years I've lived and taught here" Professor Trelawney sobs. "Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this"

"Actually, I can," Umbridge says as Professor McGonagall rushes over. "Something you'd like to say?"

"Oh, there are several things I would like to say," Professor McGonagall says.

"Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?"

"Sybil, dear. This way."

"Thank you."

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational Decree Number-"

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster."

"For now,"

"Don't you all have studying to do?" Dumbledore asks.

"She needs to go," Delilah says to the twins, Cedric, Draco, and Stuart. "Now"

"Sounds like it's time for a little bit of mischief," Fred says.

"It's not mischief we need," Delilah says, her eyes glinting as a smirk begins to work its way onto her lips. "It's chaos"

"I like the sound of that," Fred says.

"What's the plan?" Draco asks as they watch the offensive block of pink walk away.

"I'm down for the crime thing now," Cedric mutters.

"What if we kill her and frame Dumbledore at the same time?"

"DELILAH!" Multiple voices shout at the girl.

"Sorry, just brainstorming, but I'm definitely storing that one for consideration. Two birds, one stone"

 Two birds, one stone"